Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-24 01:53:17

**_RobZ_**

Is there a way to temporarily disable an user account in CP7?

Hello everybody.

Perhaps this is a silly question (still learning) but I haven't found a way to temporarily disable a CP7 (+SP2) user account.

Suppose I created a user account (Meeting Host) I'd like to give permission to create and host a single meeting to; after the meeting has ended, I'd like to prevent him from creating additional ones (and perhaps, even from logging into CP7 admin interface) *without* deleting him.

Is there a way to accomplish that?

Thanks,
Rob

#2 2009-06-24 08:54:41

**_dyun_**

Re: Is there a way to temporarily disable an user account in CP7?

To prevent the user from creating any new meetings, you can simply remove them from the Meeting Hosts group.

#3 2009-06-24 09:04:29

**_RobZ_**

Thanks for the pointer.

I've already tried by removing the user from the Meeting Host but he's still able to get to the CP7 admin site (even if I think that would be useless).

But the point still stands: is there a way to temporarily *disable* a given user without deleting him/her from CP7.

Thanks,
Rob

#4 2009-06-24 09:38:49

**_tlchurch_**

You could always reset his/her password and update the email address on file so they can't reset it again. E.g. reset the password and update the email address to DISABLED_originalemail@address.com.

#5 2009-06-24 10:33:42

**_RobZ_**

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

It seems CP7 lacks indeed the ability to disable a local account so I think I'll follow your (and David's) advices.

Have a nice day,
Rob

Board footer