Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-17 14:37:18

**_donutman925_**

Captivate 4 Quiz Question?

I just started using Captivate 4 and I am creating a quiz with 5 questions. They are each worth 20 points and for some reason when I answer all 5 correctly it comes up as me failing the test. The quiz is set to an 80% passing grade. When I checked that the faded out option below it says my quiz has a total of 131 points. How is that possible and why is the quiz failing me? Thanks

Last edited by **_donutman925_** (2009-06-17 14:37:37)

#2 2009-06-17 14:46:41

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Captivate 4 Quiz Question?

This sounds like you have other things going on in your Cp presentation. Is this a presentation that requires user input? If so that can be added as part of the quiz reporting, so if you failed to do the correct interaction then you would miss the points for that and could, thus, fail the quiz.

#3 2009-06-17 15:37:52

**_donutman925_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

This sounds like you have other things going on in your Cp presentation. Is this a presentation that requires user input? If so that can be added as part of the quiz reporting, so if you failed to do the correct interaction then you would miss the points for that and could, thus, fail the quiz.

The captivate project does require the user to click in certain areas to advance on each slide. I think you are correct. Is there a way to change the settings so that there is still user input but it doesn't get included in the requirements for the quiz? I just published the project as a flash and embedded it into PowerPoint using presenter, and went through the entire captivate project and it now shows me as getting a 100% on everything. Before I just skipped to the end of the quiz and didn't click through the project properly.

Last edited by **_donutman925_** (2009-06-17 15:39:05)

#4 2009-06-19 11:34:59

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

OK,

First the interaction problem, the fastest way to solve this would be to select one of the click boxes or text entry boxes and the choose properties. You should see a reporting tab, select the tab and then uncheck the report this interaction check box at the top. Then on the lower left hand side there is an Apply to all option, select the drop down menu next to it, choose all slides, all click boxes (or whatever it is), and only changed settings. Then check Apply to all check box and click Apply or OK.

You will need to do that for each culprit piece of your project and that should resolve the failure issue.

For the 100% every time issue, I would venture to guess that this comes down to having 2 Flash objects running at the same time. There are some issues with putting an interactive Captivate project in Presenter. Mostly because the Presenter tool has it's own hot-keys and interactions. Since Captivate is in Presenter, it unfortunately loses, and text entry boxes don't work and the inaccurate quiz reporting may also be a symptom of this.

My solution for this is to put a hyperlink on the slide in Presenter to my Captivate project (should look to the URL for the Cp file on the Connect or other Web server). It will launch the Captivate piece in  a new window or tab. Then, I have the Captivate project set to close when it is done (done in the Edit > Preferences > Project > Start and End menu). This way when the user is finished with the interactive piece, it closes and goes back to the Presenter interface.

Board footer