Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-12 11:25:57

**_zenji_**

Unable to upload .ppt files

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if anyone has seen this, or know of a fix.

When I log into Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro then go to > Content > New Content > and then try and upload a .ppt file it just gives me the "Request Not Processed" error message.

I know the .ppt files are around 500 - 960kb with a dpi of 72.  I have spoken with Adobe and they just give a bit of a run around and never a straight answer. So, I am wondering if someone has found a work around.

Oh yes, it is only to curtain .ppt files ... some work, some don't ... so a major hair puller. :-P

Cheers

#2 2009-06-12 12:34:23

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Unable to upload .ppt files

Not seen this myself.  What if you publish locally as a .zip with Presenter, and then load the .zip into the content library?  See if you have better luck with this method.  Though it doesn't explain things, you might be able to at least use the presentations.

-Chris

#3 2009-06-12 12:56:44

**_zenji_**

Hey Chris,

Thanks for the quick reply, but we don't use Presenter, all uploads are via the web portal.  The crazy thing is, I can create a new .ppt file and upload no problem, so I am not sure why the others don't ... they are very basic with nothing fancy going on with them.

Thanks again,
Michael

#4 2009-06-12 13:00:53

**_roysdenc_**

Interesting.  Are the files that work of similar content and size?  I don't know that I have any other thoughts for you right now, but maybe someone else can chime in.

-Chris

#5 2009-06-12 13:05:31

**_AChemey_**

zenji,

Check the questions in the quiz manager.  If any of them have empty distractors - that could be the cause of the problem.  If you package locally and check the data/trackdta.xml file - you'd be looking for entries that don't have anything in the <response> tag.

Regards,

Andrew

Board footer