Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-01 12:06:38

**_donutman925_**

PowerPoint upload size limitation for connect?

I tried uploading a PowerPoint file that was 133mb and it would not upload to connect. Connect kept saying it could not map the file. Is there a file size limit that connect will only upload?

#2 2009-06-01 15:05:45

**_roysdenc_**

Re: PowerPoint upload size limitation for connect?

Yes, there is one, I think it is a 100mb limit. 

-Chris

#3 2009-06-02 07:52:21

**_donutman925_**

Thanks for the reply. If anyone else can verify that this is the correct size limit that would be great future projects.

#4 2009-06-09 10:44:35

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If you are uploading directly to the meeting room the limit is 102mb. Chris is correct.

However, if you publish through Presenter, the file size limit is larger, so that may be your best workaround. Either that or you could split the presentation into two presentations and upload them to two share pods. One trick that I have used for multiple presenters (and would work for breaking up your presentation) is to create multiple layouts that are identical to each other. Then upload the first half of your presentation to Layout A and the second half to Layout B. With the content uploaded, when you switch from Layout A to B your participants will only see a brief Presenter loading screen. A good trick that reduced the amount of time spent uploading or searching through your history list.

#5 2009-06-09 10:49:59

**_donutman925_**

When I was uploading to Connect I was using Presenter in PowerPoint. So far that's the only way I have been uploading my projects. I wonder what that limit is?

#6 2009-06-09 12:01:41

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I've heard everything from 300mb to 1Gb. However, nothing has been confirmed. I would check your internet speed, as sometimes the upload speed is slow enough that the server will time out with an upload. I've seen groups that need to do their uploading early or late due to a shared internet connection that is taxed during normal business hours.

Board footer