Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-08 14:15:05

**_donutman925_**

Can Captivate 4 record video?

I would like to know if Captivate can record a video automatically? This is what I am trying to do, I want to record say a news clip from msnbc.com. It pops up in a separate window and I set captivate to record the window, but is there a way for captivate to basically record it in real time without me having to sit there and keep on clicking the mouse to take a screen shot? I want to be able to just record the news clip then export it as a movie file like avi, or swf and then import it into a powerpoint?

#2 2009-06-08 16:04:24

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Can Captivate 4 record video?

I use Camtasia for recordign the screen like this.  Not sure if Captivate can (I don't use it much).

-Chris

#3 2009-06-09 04:36:00

**_M_anand_**

Re: Can Captivate 4 record video?

donutman925 wrote:

I would like to know if Captivate can record a video automatically? This is what I am trying to do, I want to record say a news clip from msnbc.com. It pops up in a separate window and I set captivate to record the window, but is there a way for captivate to basically record it in real time without me having to sit there and keep on clicking the mouse to take a screen shot? I want to be able to just record the news clip then export it as a movie file like avi, or swf and then import it into a powerpoint?

Hi Donutman,

Yes captivate can record video automatically. This type of recording is called Full Motion Recording i.e. captivate captures everything like a running movie irrespective of events.

Please refer to this for more information:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Captivate/4 … -7fff.html

-Manish
blogs.adobe.com/captivate

Board footer