Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-04 08:11:52

**_BryanMacUK_**

Imbedded video within Connect Pro

I am trying the trial version of Adobe Connect Pro and Presenter together to release a simple piece of e-learning.

Here was my process:

a)    I embedded a .wav file into PowerPoint
b)    I published using Presenter and to a zip file
c)    I then went into Connect Pro 7 and uploaded zip file

However when I play the workshop by the link created the sound and video are buffering every 20 seconds or so and takes ages to go through a simple 3 minute video clip.

Does anyone in the forum know of a different way of doing this or it a common issue using the Adobe server and video?

Thanking you in advance.

Bryan

#2 2009-06-04 08:21:17

**_dyun_**

Re: Imbedded video within Connect Pro

A better solution might be to encode the video to FLV and upload standalone if that is an option.  There is a chance that your video quality is too high for your bandwidth which causes this buffering.

Take a look at this Best Practices User Group session on Video encoding Best Practices:
http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/p46028128/

Good Luck,
David

#3 2009-06-04 10:42:15

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Imbedded video within Connect Pro

When adding audio or video to a PowerPoint for use in Connect, it is best to use Presenter to add the content, rather than PowerPoint itself.  It isn't clear how you are doing this, so I thought I would point that out.

Based on my experience, David could be right about your badwidth could be causing the issue as well.  Try reducing the quality of your video and let us know how your experience changes.

-Chris

Board footer