Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-02 18:00:32

**_jareddd_**

Web Portal Customize Login Page

Hi,

We're wanting to add a custom link to the web portal login page.  With the help of support, I've found and test extensively with the language files to add code that might add this to the home page.  The space that I'd like you use is just next to the Adobe Copyright.  However, every different way that I configure it does not allow me to add a link.  I've even tried to crack open the xsl files to add a link near the help link on the front page. 

c:/[root]/appserv/apps/lang

and

c:/[root]/appserv/apps/system

The reason we're wanting to do this is to add a privacy policy to the site.  I did see some code related to this in the system, however I'm not seeing a place to turn this on.

The problem is that when you try and add regular html it breaks because its considering it as xml.  When I try and add the < it renders that as a less than on the screen.  Unicode didn't work, with the same result.  I almost have the feeling that I'm missing something simple here.

Thoughts?

#2 2009-03-02 21:52:29

**_quinn_**

Re: Web Portal Customize Login Page

I don't think customizing the application like this is offically supported and is not guaranteed to work from upgrade-to-upgrade.  Use this at your own risk :)

1. Add this to en.xml.  Note that you will still need the original "copyright" string since multiple places are using that.  You will get errors if you change the original copyright string.

<m id="copyright-with-privacy-policy">
   Copyright &#xA9; 2001 - 2008 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors.
   All rights reserved.  <a href="http://www.adobe.com/misc/privacy.html">Online Privacy Policy</a>
  </m>

Update the desired copyright link in the XSL file with this:

<xsl:call-template name="get-message-block">
        <xsl:with-param name="id" select="'copyright-with-privacy-policy'"/>
      </xsl:call-template>

Note that you need to use "get-message-block" instead of "get-message".

You should now be able to see a nice link to your privacy page.

#3 2009-03-03 10:49:40

**_jareddd_**

Thanks so much.  This worked perfectly!

#4 2009-03-04 08:50:39

**_bklaas_**

Please note that as Quinn posted, you will need to make this modification _every_ time you perform a Connect service pack update or major upgrade. The service pack/application installer will overwrite any modifications like this to any of the files in the /appserv/ directory.

I find it useful to document each of these changes so that when we do a SP or major version update, we can quickly go back and add them in again.

#5 2009-03-04 08:56:24

**_jareddd_**

Excellent suggestion.  I'll make it a point to include a list of customizations in our upgrade and sp application paths.

Thanks for the suggestion!

#6 2009-06-03 10:13:15

**_RobZ_**

quinn wrote:

I don't think customizing the application like this is offically supported and is not guaranteed to work from upgrade-to-upgrade.  Use this at your own risk :)

1. Add this to en.xml.  Note that you will still need the original "copyright" string since multiple places are using that.  You will get errors if you change the original copyright string.

<m id="copyright-with-privacy-policy">
   Copyright &#xA9; 2001 - 2008 Adobe Systems Incorporated and its licensors.
   All rights reserved.  <a href="http://www.adobe.com/misc/privacy.html">Online Privacy Policy</a>
  </m>

Update the desired copyright link in the XSL file with this:

<xsl:call-template name="get-message-block">
        <xsl:with-param name="id" select="'copyright-with-privacy-policy'"/>
      </xsl:call-template>

Note that you need to use "get-message-block" instead of "get-message".

You should now be able to see a nice link to your privacy page.

Hello!

Still novice in CP7 so be patient...

What do you mean with

Update the desired copyright link in the XSL file with this

I noticed that some lines like the ones you reported are at the very end of the

c:\breeze\appserv\apps\lang\<my_lang>.xml

Do I have to comment them out or what?

Thanks,
Rob

Board footer