Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-11 02:00:12

**_fritz_**

API call to check that a meeting has ended

Hi gurus,

I'm running Adobe Connect.
For that we implmented an application that creates meetings and users and assigns users to meetings via XML API. That works fine.

Now there should be a mechanism be implemented, that cleans up finished meetings.
I didn't find any information in the XML API to check if a meeting has been ended - there are only checks to verifiy if the scheduled time has passed (expired in report-my-meetings, or manual check if enddate has passed, or additianally check for running sessions).
But I can't find any info whether the meeting has been "ended".
Ended in my context is that the host has ended the meeting via menu in the application and all participants get the info: "The host has ended this meeting".

Any ideas in the community?

Thanks and best regards,
Frank

#2 2009-05-20 11:50:44

**_sfsmithcha_**

Re: API call to check that a meeting has ended

Hi Frank,

Try using the the report-meeting-sessions api and checking the date-end value for the session.

HTH,

Charles

#3 2009-05-27 01:47:36

**_fritz_**

Thanks for your answer Charles,

I saw the api report-meeting-sessions.
But I'm curious about its results.
I had one example where:
- report-meeting-sessions reported 3 sessions for a specific meeting (sco)
- the sessiondetails via reports / meeting / individual meeting session report reported 4 sessions for the same meeting!

Also I can see that it takes 15-30 mins sometimes until the end date for a session is set although the meeting has been ended properly.

Now the customer decided that he wants to clean finished meetings (planned end has passed) no matter if there is still a running session because of resource management issues ...
--> I don't need this data anymore ...

Regards,
Frank

#4 2009-06-01 13:46:13

**_sfsmithcha_**

Hi Frank,

There could be a couple of things at work here:

1) After you "End Meeting", the meeting core does not unload for about 10 minutes or so.  That would delay  the end date.

2) On the Hosted service, reporting APIs hit a secondary database which is synched at regular intervals.  (In the reports UI, you'll see a message that reports may be delayed up to 24 hours.)

-Charles

Board footer