Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-28 16:49:07

**_acravens_**

Another "cannot connect to meetings" thread

I am having a very similar, but not the same, problem connecting to a meeting as this thread:

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1576

Here are my details:

SYMPTOMS:

HTTP access to the server works fine from anywhere. 
Accessing a meeting only works from a local network.  (local to server)
Attempting to connect to ANY meeting from any other network times out at the "Connecting..." screen.
Firewall is set to allow ports 80 and 1935

MORE DETAILS:

We are running connect_603_r40 on old  hardware.  We want to move the Connect server to a new host and then upgrade it and shut off the old host.   We successfully cloned our server to a new VMWare server, changed the IP, servername etc on the VMWare server and brought it up on a different network in order to verify proper operation before shutting off the old server.  That's when we discovered meetings don't work on the new server.  We reconfigured the hostname in Connect too.  Rebooting does not fix anything.

We are NOT running SSL.  We have our firewall set to allow ports 80 and 1935.  Our firewall team says they gave the new server the exact same ruleset as the old Connect server (which still works) and they swear nothing is being blocked.  I even checked the firewall logs myself.  Nothing is being blocked!

In frustration I moved the new server to the same network as the old server and had security apply the same firewall rules to the new server that the old Connect server was using.  Same problem... except the new VMWare Connect server somehow caused the old server (still in production) to shut down.    Maybe it was a licensing issue and the two hosts were talking to each other.  Who knows.  We moved the new server to a different net. 

I don't have a debug.log only an access.log, error.log and breeze.log  There is nothing in the logs that I can see that sheds any light on this issue.

One thing I forgot to mention is that initially when we cloned the production server to a VMWare server, we upgraded it to 7.0 and had the same results.  So upgrading to 7.X does not fix this problem.  I flashed the server back to the original 603_r40 to try to get the problem resolved before proceeding with the upgrade.

Our old production server has a failing RAID 5 system so we need to get off the old hardware very soon.  I am sooo frustrated right now.  Does anybody have any suggestions?

I did a packet capture and found that on a client that worked, the capture revealed the client requested this when attempting to connect:

Get /common/meeting/shell/shell.swf

The client that failed to connect requested this:

Get /common/meeting/shell/meeting.swf

This is where the two packet captures first started to deviate.   On the client where meetings don't work, the packet capture reveals that no session is never opened on port 1935.

Any ideas here?  I've opened a ticket with Adobe but they immediately close my ticket saying it was resolved without ever contacting me or giving me a solution.  Is this standard support protocol?  If I did that I would get fired.  Guess that must be the new trend these days.  Sorry for the rant.

Last edited by **_acravens_** (2009-05-28 17:44:35)

Board footer