Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2007-10-28 17:52:00

**_JohnK_**

Connect a camerafeed to the sharepod

Will it be possible to add a live camera feed from a high-end camera to a sharepod.

Senario:
Have a meeting using the Camera and voice pod with a standard USB Camera and USB headset.
At the same time grap a videofeed from the High-end camera connected to a videograpper card and broadcasted live in the sharepod. Only video - not audio.

Anybody seen or tried this - perhaps by using the Collaboration Builder SDK? Could be done via screenshare - but thats not what i'm looking for.

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thx,

John K.

#2 2007-10-28 18:46:20

**_gajett_**

Re: Connect a camerafeed to the sharepod

It should work, just as you describe.  When you open the Meeting menu item and choose select camera, doesn't your capture card show up as an available device?
I have done just what you describe, just know that only one cam can broadcast at a time from the same machine (as far as I know).

I just select the capture device.  It even sees my TV tuner as a device and I can put that (live TV) in the pod.

Greg

#3 2007-10-29 12:10:16

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

This sounds like a custom pod question. Sorry to pitch a sale, but RealEyes Media is developing a custom pod set that allows video outside of the Camera/Voice pod. If you want details feel free to email me, or get in contact with another shop that does custom pod work and see what they can do.

Jorma@RealEyes

#4 2007-10-29 16:05:39

**_JohnK_**

Greg - thanks - but i'm looking for a way to broardcast two cameras at the same time.

Jorma - OK to do a salespitch :) I will send you an email.

John K.

#5 2007-11-06 16:20:13

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Hi John,

We're also developing a custom Video Pod that would be separate from the standard Camera/Voice pod.

Our solution will provide the ability to select the source device and broadcast the video via a Flash Media Server back into the meeting room. The beauty of the solution is that you could still have other users accessing the existing voice pod for VOIP but you could hide that pod while showing the video from a single key speaker at the same time in a separate window.

This would also allow you to bring in any live video stream to your meetings - say a sports event or other broadcast - without the source feed having anything to do with ConnectPro.

The other feature of our pod will be the ability to give control of the pod to a specific attendee.

If I knew more about what you're trying to achieve we could discuss the application in more depth.

Regards,

Terry

#6 2007-12-06 11:45:12

**_jameslloyd_**

John, I use an old USB video capture device to take in composite video from a Sony mini-dv camcorder, or a Sony remote-control camera (security type camera). 

I emphasize the 'old' because newer capture devices seem to 'require' that you use their accompanying applications, whereas this capture device just provides a video source to Windows that Connect recognizes.

The device was made by ADStech and is called "USB Instant Video CD".

#7 2009-05-20 11:41:58

**_BCCAresearch_**

You can have multiple instances of a meeting room on an individual machine.

If you minimize the meeting room window while leaving the video pod still capturing video, and then open a second meeting room window by re entering the meeting room from the loading page. Once back in the meeting you will see two instances of your user name.

In the second meeting instance, select the second video source you want to you, it has to be a different source than your original meeting instance (could be a second webcam or capture device, so long as you have at least two connected to your machine), now both video source will be available in the camera pod.

This solution is pretty quick and dirty. You will have twice the bandwidth requirements if you do this but it works in a pinch. Real Eyes solution is a nice, as you can have video sources in multiple pods without ballooning the required bandwidth for the meeting.

#8 2009-05-20 12:20:04

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Here is a demo of our tool. This is an older recording and we are working on additional functionality in the tool. The best part about this tool is that you can push high quality video into the room without having to use shared real estate or diminishing the capacity of your Connect server. It also allows you to use the Full Screen functionality for video. However you should be aware that getting the video to record and play back as part of the recording is not a feasible option as of yet, as it is using an external FMS. Not sure if Terry has solved that quandary yet.

http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … 3179#p3179

Board footer