Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-19 11:17:39

**_JenH_**

Advancing with Buttons Using a SWF File

Hi all,

We recently created a presentation using Flash and publishing a .swf file.  The presentation has buttons built into it to advance the slides.  We uploaded this to Connect for a teleconference, but when the presenter advances his slides, the slides do not advance for the audience.  This means that the audience must click the buttons themselves in order to advance.  Does anyone have a solution to have everyone see the slides advance when the presenter advances his slides?

Thanks!

#2 2009-05-19 11:48:03

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Advancing with Buttons Using a SWF File

If you are building custom Flash applications and want to use them in Connect, then you need to build them following these rules: Collaboration Builder SDK

This will tell you how to set up your presentation so it can be sync'd in the room with everyone else.

#3 2009-05-19 15:20:34

**_adonovan_**

Thanks Jorma, I think this sounds like it might work (I'm a co-worker of Jen's). Is this something that we need to build into every presentation? Something we could build into a master file and copy into each presentation we do? Or something that would need to be installed on the presenters computer (as opposed to those of us building the file)? We do hundreds of teleconferences a month using Connect, so this is a big need for us! Thanks for your help.

#4 2009-05-19 15:58:15

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Not being a developer my answer may fall short here, but if you use the guidelines in that document then it should work in the Connect Meeting Room. I know there are developers out there who could better answer this. I'll ask one of my developers and see if I can get an answer.

We have created many custom application for Connect using these guidelines so I know they do work well.

#5 2009-05-19 16:17:09

**_nthingvall_**

Hi, adonovan. I'm a coworker with Jorma. You could conceivably build a template file with all the sync connector stuff already in place, as long as you named your buttons the same and kept everything consistent from movie to movie. I'm not sure if you could do it as an external SWF that is loaded in. That sounds iffy to me.

Nothing will need to be installed on any computer, except the developer's. There are some components for SyncSWF, that the developer will need to bring into Flash. They're the BreezeConnectionEmulator and the BreezeSyncConnector. Those components do their business inside the SWF, so nothing needs to go on the presenter or participants' machines. There's an article here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobatconn … f_pt1.html that will take you through the basics. There's also a download for the components linked to off the first page of the article.

Probably the ideal way to do this would be to have a Flash movie that loads in the slides of the presentation, so that way you would only need to build the sync SWF functionality into one application shell that loads in the presentation elements.

And (shameless plug) if you're in the Denver area on June 22 we'll be having the Rocky Mountain Adobe Camp (http://www.adobecamp.com/) where I'll be doing a session on the SyncSWF API. Good luck!

Board footer