Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-31 07:50:35

**_jkmartinez_**

Adobe Captivate 3 Publishing to Adobe Connect Server

I have a question that I have searched and searched for.  When I create a video and want to publish to Adobe Connect there isn't a dropdown to select the Flash Version I want as there is on publishing locally or to email.

How do you select a flash version other than the lowest one when you want to publish direclty to the server?

Thanks for any help!

#2 2009-05-18 16:57:30

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Adobe Captivate 3 Publishing to Adobe Connect Server

I know this post is older, but thought I would throw something out there as an idea.

Making an assumption here, but I would guess that it publishes with the version of Flash required for Connect.  The other thought would be that if it is an older version of flash that it is publishing for, it could be selecting the version off flash that was available with Connect when the product was released.  For Captivate 3, I think that is Falsh 8 for Connect, but not 100% that is right.

When you are publishing locally, it probably makes the assumption that you can control the version of flash you have on your machine.  You cannot change Connect, so that would be the difference in my opinion.

Just a guess, but maybe it helps.
-Chris

#3 2009-05-19 10:19:31

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

In my experience Captivate 3 publishes to the Connect Server Using Flash 7.

#4 2009-05-19 15:53:39

**_jkmartinez_**

Jorma_at_RealEyes wrote:

In my experience Captivate 3 publishes to the Connect Server Using Flash 7.

Yes, that's what it does and I need it to let me change to a higher version of flash.

#5 2009-05-19 16:02:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I think that Captivate 4 is your answer. I believe that it does Flash 8 to Connect, but allows AS2 or AS3 Flash apps in it.

Board footer