Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-14 16:39:20

**_wsipc-mike_**

Recorded meeting playback error when cropped

I have several recorded Connect meetings that have been lightly edited. The first few seconds have been removed and, on some, a few seconds in the middle have been cropped out when the speaker flubbed a word or two. I am finding that, on the ones with mid-recording crops, the playback jumps back to the beginning for a few seconds and them catches up and continues normally. Is this just a limitation of the Connect editing mechanism (as limited as it is)?

I have tried to leave the beginning alone and just crop out the middle and it still hiccups when it hits that section. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

My Connect version info:

Connect 7.0 r. 723/c. 427912/b. Fri Jun 27 15:37:57 2008
  Presenter r. Presenter7GM
  FMS r. Mustang_Connect 3_0_0_1208

Licensed

#2 2009-05-15 15:26:38

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Recorded meeting playback error when cropped

Editing in Connect is very limited, and somewhat unpredictable.  We have seen that its edits are within a few seconds of when you want them, not always exactly where you want it, so we tryto not edit.  When we do edit, we try to use an event that creates a keyframe, such as switching from slides to screen share, which means that the presenter has to repeat some things, but we get a better edit in the end.  Note - this only works when you are using Connect to record, not for a live meeting because that would just be silly to backup and repeat yourself. 

If I had to guess, I would say your issue may be caused by Connect becoming confused about your edit, and then jumping to the right spot once it hits a new key frame.  Again, this is just a guess, and I have not experienced this myself.

Hopefully Adobe can improve the editing capabilities in later versions of Connect (especially 7.5 later this year).

-Chris

Board footer