Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-14 08:43:27

**_donutman925_**

Embedded flash in slide wont let me interact and play it in Connect

So the issue I am having is that I have two Shockwave Flash Object Files in two different PowerPoints and they are both having the same issue. When I upload the PowerPoint to connect using presenter both flash files are displayed on the slide, but the files were created so that you would have to click either the play button on some other button in the flash to interact with it and or view it in motion. Since connect basically converts it to a movie is there a way for me to be able to alter something in connect so that the flash will load on the slide in the movie and have someone be able to click the play button or interact with it? I know when you create a quiz in Presenter the person viewing the movie on connect can interact with the slide, is there a way to do it with a embedded flash object? I don't have the original flash files either, but there is a small possibility I may be able to get a hold of them. Thanks

#2 2009-05-14 11:02:52

**_mark2741_**

Re: Embedded flash in slide wont let me interact and play it in Connect

Are they Shockwave (ie, Authorware or Director) files, or did they come from the Flash IDE? If the former, disregard anything I say because I've never worked with those files.

If it is a regular flash swf then it should work. Have you ensured that they work as expected in a regular browser first?

#3 2009-05-14 12:10:27

**_donutman925_**

I actually figured it out about an hour after I posted the question. I had been using a third party add on in PowerPoint to insert my flash files, and didn't realize that Presenter has its own flash insert feature. So its working now. it was a regular flash swf and yes they do work in the browser. The problem im running into now though is that since I don't have the original flash files and I don't have flash, in one of the animations there is an area that I'm trying to cover up(black border) by putting a shape on top of it (white box) and it doesn't show up when i publish it to connect and it doesn't show up in the regular PowerPoint slide show. I tried sending the flash to the back and bring the white box to the front but nothing is working. Any ideas?

Last edited by **_donutman925_** (2009-05-14 12:11:52)

#4 2009-05-14 13:36:55

**_mark2741_**

If you have a copy of Flash (and some basic knowledge of it) then the easy fix is to just create a 'wrapper' swf that is just an empty movieclip and do a loadMovie() to load in the other swf. In the wrapper swf you can put any type of graphics you want in a layer that is higher than the layer containing the empty movieclip that you will load the child swf into.

If you don't have flash or knowledge then you could just download and install the 30-day trial from Adobe of Flash, then do a quick google on how to use the loadMovie() method. Just follow the steps and publish it and you'll be good to go.

Board footer