Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-11 07:49:00

**_thomasattrp_**

US Users Using European Adobe Servers on Hosted Accounts

Hello,

Question:  If I conduct a AC Pro meeting with most participants being in Europe and I am located in the US (Specifically NC), would it be possible, for the purpose of that meeting, to work off the Adobe server in Europe?  The assumption is (maybe incorrect) that the experience of the European connections would  be better.   Do the servers mirror each other.  I.e. just how does that all work and are my assumptions all wrong?

Thanks in advance for the usual expert advice.

Thomas

#2 2009-05-11 10:17:16

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: US Users Using European Adobe Servers on Hosted Accounts

Adobe's pretty tight lipped about their infrastructure, but I have had meetings with people in a few locations in Europe with out hosted US account and had fantastic results with it. VoIP, video and screen sharing went off without a hitch.

It may be that there are Edge Servers located around the world to facilitate connections from users globally, and that allows everyone to have the best possible experience. But if there is an engineer that could chime in about this, that would be awesome!

#3 2009-05-11 13:03:05

**_thomasattrp_**

An acquaintance in Austria who uses Connect Pro shared the URL for the server in Europe.  So, know there are others out there and have heard there are different places in USA.  So, wondered if there would be any benefit when working with Europeans, Africans, etc. to use a server closer to their home.

#4 2009-05-11 13:23:54

**_roysdenc_**

So, my understanding is that the server in Ireland is a seperate server/cluster, and should be thought of like na3 and na4.  We have an account on that cserver and from what we have seen, they are completely seperate.

Something closer to your question, we are on the na3 cluster, and our German office uses it all the time.  I think they mainly create Presenter presentations and use Connect to host them, but I am sure they have live meetings as well.  For them, all of their customers and users (including themself) are in Europe.  I rarely hear from them, as they are self supporting, but I think they have an over all good experience.  Again, I am not sure how much they use the system for live meetings, but they definately host a number of Presenter presentations.

-Chris

Board footer