Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-05 19:46:35

**_SIMPLESURFER_**

miserable performance---fast computer---large file.

Aloha,

I have about 40 large pptx with presenter content files.

they each contain about 10 video clips (.avi ~ 10 seconds long)
every slide contains voice over recorded in presenter.

the problem is, the files are ridiculously slow (on a brand new quad i7 with 12gb ram)

when i say slow, im saying it takes 5 minutes to save the file... ten minutes for the video selection dialog box to show up (not the acctual import step, but BEFORE that on the Browse step...

its just really really reallllllllllllly slow...

has any one else come across this?

Is this program generally very buggy? i face constant opposition with presenter.

Thank you for your advice and time... Aloha

#2 2009-05-06 08:36:12

**_Daniel_**

Re: miserable performance---fast computer---large file.

Hello simplesurfer,

It is not clear to me what you are trying to do with your files. Are you uploading them to an ACP server? If so, have heard that there is a file size limit, though that exact number is not known. Some say 160mb, some say 100mb. See this post for such responses: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1704

While there are some bugs in Presenter, have overall discovered a pretty versatile product. If you know what it can and cannot do, you'll be happy. Presenter is a plug-in for PPT, so is it a PPT problem if you are having trouble saving the file? What are you doing with the video, loading as sidebar or screen? Are the avi files very large before import? If so, might try compressing them so it's easier for presenter to work with. It's import (encoding) feature can choke on big stuff.

Best, Daniel

#3 2009-05-06 08:46:50

**_gajett_**

Re: miserable performance---fast computer---large file.

Also, since Presenter is a 32-bit app, large chunks of your computer are doing nothing, as 32-bit cannot address such large amounts of memory.
Are you running a 64-bit operating system?  Hopefully so, or 8gb of your ram is wasted.

As a test, before you save, open task manager (right click the tasktray - near the clock) and choose task manager. save your presentation.  look at the processes tab and see what, if anything, is using processing cycles.

Board footer