Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-05 04:38:04

**_karthik8583_**

How to publish the course as standalone version in a CD

Hi I am new to Adobe Presenter. I have new requirement where a five courses have been created using a Presenter. The client requires a main menu page which should have the link to all the five courses. Also they require this to be in a CD format. When the CD is opened the Menu page should pop out first.

I have created the menupage in flash which is lauched in a HTML browser and when a link is clicked the respective courses will be launched. But the issues is the HTML page is not opening automatically which needs to be clicked maually.

Also the CD needs to be a standalone version which should not require any flashplayer to be installed in the loacl machine. Please suggest a solution for this requirement.

#2 2009-05-05 16:34:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: How to publish the course as standalone version in a CD

Not to flog a dead horse here, but the intention of Presenter is that you are creating this content in Flash (a web-ready medium) to deliver the training. Why not use a web server (on an intranet or externally facing) to deliver the content via the web? This will also most likely have some tracking that the local media will not. Having the content on a web server should also solve the problem of calling to the different projects since they are created with the intention of them being played via the internet.

With that said, you can't have this content not require a Flash Player as it is all Flash, so that is just part of the deal here.

As an option you could publish these presentation to PDF then use Acrobat Pro 9 to create a portfolio that has each of the training PDF's in it and the users can select which one they want to view via the portfolio feature of Acrobat 9. (Acrobat 9 would be required in this case, but it does seem to provide a solution to what you are looking for).

Board footer