Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-01 10:16:19

**_ike1492_**

URGENT: Recording missing audio and video

Hi,

I recorded a webinar yesterday with one remote presenter and a presenter located in our office.  We use the hosted service and VoIP.  The meeting went very well.  I know it went well because I had a laptop set up as a guest attendee so I could monitor the program from an attendee's point of view.  Both presenters had audio and video.  We only had one of the 137 attendees have any issues with audio, and that was quckly resolved.

When I went to view the recording this morning, one of the presenter's audio and video are missing.  Also, there are glitches in the other presenter's audio and video.  At times the entire presentation halts.  None of this was observable in the live version, and none of the 137 viewers indicated anything was wrong.

Has this happened to anyone?  If so, were you able to get the recording from Adobe?  This recording failure has the potential to make me unemployed, so any and all advise is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ike 1492

#2 2009-05-01 11:39:09

**_gajett_**

Re: URGENT: Recording missing audio and video

this does happen from time to time.
please see: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1713 
i have posted instructions on how to repair this issue.
good luck!

Greg

*it can be fixed!!

#3 2009-05-01 11:52:09

**_ike1492_**

Thanks for the info!  My event is in a seminar room that contains multiple recordings.  How do I get to just the one recording I want to reconstruct?

Thanks!

Ike

#4 2009-05-01 11:54:27

**_gajett_**

ike1492 wrote:

Thanks for the info!  My event is in a seminar room that contains multiple recordings.  How do I get to just the one recording I want to reconstruct?

Thanks!

Ike

you'll need to use the tools mentioned in the pdf.  richflv, in this case.  once you've downloaded the files, use richflv to determine which one (.flv file) is bad/the one you need to fix.  you may also need to look at the associated xml doc to be certain which file needs fixing (as per the pdf).

greg

#5 2009-05-01 11:55:52

**_ike1492_**

Ok, so what you are saying is that when I use the directory structure you suggest to get the files, it will pull in all the recordings and I need to then locate the affected one?

Thanks again!

#6 2009-05-01 11:58:14

**_gajett_**

when you use http://my.recording.link/output/foo.zip?download=zip you'll get a zip file w/ all recording contents.  unzip and begin exploring the .flv and associated .xml files.  you may need to look at both a .flv and it's associated .xml control file to verify that it's the bad one.

greg

#7 2009-05-01 12:00:07

**_ike1492_**

I made sure the recording was public and tried the dowload and got:

com.macromedia.airspeed.StatusException$NoAccess: <status code="no-access"/>
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.ContentHandler.sendFile(ContentHandler.java:395)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.ContentHandler.sendMappedFile(ContentHandler.java:301)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.ContentHandler.service(ContentHandler.java:112)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.BaseServlet.service(BaseServlet.java:299)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
    at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
    at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
    at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

#8 2009-05-01 12:04:21

**_gajett_**

is it your recording??? even if you are admin, you'll still need rights to download.
so, i'm guessing you are not the 'owner' of the recording. 
do this:
move it to content (yours, the actual owner's, wherever)
you can now set more permissions.
add yourself to the list with permissions as manage
try d/l again.

greg

#9 2009-05-01 12:06:01

**_ike1492_**

i am an administrator of the site, so I should have access to everything.  Are you saying that I need to log in and use the same browser window to enter your URL string?

Thanks for all the help.

Ike

#10 2009-05-01 12:07:52

**_gajett_**

ike1492 wrote:

i am an administrator of the site, so I should have access to everything.  Are you saying that I need to log in and use the same browser window to enter your URL string?

Ike

yep.  you need the log-in authentication to be current.  tabbed browsers are great for this. log-in in one tab, try the d/l in another.  you may still need to move and change permissions, though.  try the download while authenticated, first, though.

greg

#11 2009-05-01 12:10:31

**_ike1492_**

still throwing that error.  not sure what is up.  In your URL for download you have "/meeting-url/".  by that do you mean the name of the meeting?  ex.  http://xxx.acrobat.com/roomname/output/ … wnload=zip?  sorry to be such a pest!

#12 2009-05-01 12:12:57

**_gajett_**

it should be the url of the recording. so:

http://xxx.acrobat.com/xyzrecording/output/foo.zip?download=zip

where foo.zip is the filename you'll get (replace foo with whatever you'd like the file called)

Last edited by **_gajett_** (2009-05-01 12:13:45)

#13 2009-05-01 12:16:09

**_ike1492_**

Downloading!  I was using the meeting URL as in your doc instead of the recording URL.  I'll let you know how it goes.  You are certainly on my Xmas list, or whatevere holiday list you prefer!  Thanks again!

#14 2009-05-01 12:37:04

**_gajett_**

i have updated that doc w/ the correct info  -- recording, not meeting url -- good catch!!
(i think i mentioned it was done quickly :-)  )

hope it works out!!  good luck!

Greg

#15 2009-05-01 12:37:40

**_ike1492_**

thanks, I'll let you know.

#16 2009-05-01 13:08:28

**_ike1492_**

Greg,  If forgot to ask how to upload this.  do you upload it as standard content?  Or is there a special way to do it.  Thanks again for all your help - I appreciate it!

#17 2009-05-01 21:10:52

**_gajett_**

put everything into a zip file, except the original, bad .flv file(s).  upload the zip as a new piece of content.  Connect should recognize it as a viable package, and provide a link to what amounts to a recording. 

greg

Board footer