Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-29 16:52:10

**_njfarmer_**

Can you manually adjust preloading on Connect Pro for Presenter 7 pres

I have produce a presentation in Presenter 7 which has a total of 18 slides.

Slide 1 has a 61 second flash file - it seems whatever configuration choice I make for publishing the presentation to connect pro, ie: disable preloading or enable preloading I get the same problem. When I open the presentation the adobe player will start to preload for a few seconds then open slide 1 - the video component will start to play with no audio for 15-20 seconds, then the flash video will revert back to the start and play as it should with video and audio insync for the 61 seconds. The transistion to slide 2 and its playing of its flash video for 1: 27 seconds works great. Then I have slide 3 to 17 which transition and play as produced. Till the last slide 18, which has another flash video and takes up to 45 seconds to load, yet it plays for that 45 seconds with just video only, then once again as with the 1st slide goes back to the beginning of the video and plays correctly with the audio insync. My overall file is approx 87mb.

If I publish to my Computer or to Adobe .PDF player on my computer, save the file uploaded to any other computer I have NO problems at all.

My presentations is a New Employee Orientation presentation and the idea is to provide it online to any desktop in our satellitte offices of our organization as and when new staff are employed ijn those satellitte offices. Supposed to save a lot of time/person hours. I am rapidly eroding this idea away with the time I am spending on this!

So....with the above said. Does anyone know how to resolve this or know if I can manually adjust the preloading of the adobe player page via the connect pro control panel to allow for either proper bufferring or/and am I missing something in Presenter 7?

I even contemplated creating a preslide with a flash preloader embedded as a way of controlling , but it seems crazy that the online publishing of the adobe player doesn't recognize different file size up to its max file out put in its online server application.

Any thoughts, ideas remedies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks - Nigel
http://issbc.org

#2 2009-04-29 18:01:31

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Can you manually adjust preloading on Connect Pro for Presenter 7 pres

Nigel,

When you say Flash Video, are you talking about FLV or SWF video? FLV is the more stable video type, but there may be a codec issue here. SWF videos are notoriously problematic, so if they are SWF, try converting them to FLV and see if that solves the problem.

The pre-loading settings for Connect are intended for users with low bandwidth connections and probably will not make a difference on the playback of the videos. Have you tried putting the videos in another presentation to test that they get the same reaction from another project? That may narrow it down to an issue with the videos.

Board footer