Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-27 16:23:35

**_suzzanne_**

Screen sharing and increasing text size

Mac users have a keyboard command that increases the font size on a webpage. This comes in handy when sharing their screen and participants request making a webpage more readable. 

Seems there can be a problem with returning back to "normal view" for some (not all) participants.  It means half the area we are displaying is cut off for them when we navigate away from the screen sharing layout and the previous increase text size command is"stuck".

Are there instructions we can give to participants who have this residual adjustment that they can do individually?

#2 2009-04-27 16:48:14

**_dyun_**

Re: Screen sharing and increasing text size

An alternative to this might be to turn on the "Enable Full Screen Toggle for Participants" option in the Share Pod options. 

This tutorial explains how to do this:
http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

Even if you still use the +/- Font Size trick, having users click the Full Screen button may remedy the issue your participants are experiencing although I'm not sure I exactly understand what is going on...any way you could share a screenshot of what the "stuck" experience looks like? 

As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Best,
David

#3 2009-04-27 16:51:53

**_suzzanne_**

Unfortunately our event has already ended and I was not able to view the participant's actual issue.  It almost seems related to a delay in screen refresh or perhaps related to connection speed.  It did not affect all participants.  Other than asking a participant to exit the event and then reenter to see if it clears up, I am not sure how else their experience can be improved.  Thanks for thinking this through!

#4 2009-04-27 17:13:57

**_dyun_**

hi Suzanne,

The experience can be improved by using the "Full Screen Toggle" in the Share pod.  This enables each participant to independently increase the size of the Share pod content to "Full Screen" or (Full Browser window for those who do not have the Connect Add-in Installed) if they are having issues seeing the content.  This should provide an elegant solution for participants having resolution problems and allow you to get around having to use the +/- font size in the browser and encountering this issue.

If you are unsure what the "Full Screen Toggle" is, review the tutorial I referenced above.

Hope this helps,
David

#5 2009-04-28 12:07:25

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

One other thing to consider is screen resolution. The lower your resolution the more likely it will produce an image (compressed into the share pod) that is readable by the end users, with or without utilizing the Full Screen button. The additional advantage to sharing a lower res image is that it takes less bandwidth to do so, and thus less delay between your mouse click/key stroke and when then participants see it.

While 1024X768 will almost guarantee that you don't have an image size issue, I understand that that resolution is not usable by everyone any more, but the lowest you can comfortably go to the better. Thus the power of the second monitor.

Board footer