Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-21 04:51:41

**_PhilippeDRCA_**

Is it possible to add participant throught the API

Hi Gurus ! I'm newbie in community,

We have developped an AIR application that can create and schedule a meeting on Acrobat Connect Pro (ACP) plate-forme.

Now I would like to be able to define the list of participant from this application and then ask ACP to send them invitation.

Reading the Connect_Pro_7_webservices.pdf document, chapter "Invite Users to Meeting"
it is written  : "Once you create a Acrobat Connect Pro (ACP)meeting and add participants and presenters, you may want to send invitations by e-mail...."

From my understanding it means, that you should have define the list of your participant from ACP before. Am I right?

So my question is : is it possible to define the list of participant from the API?
Basically I would like to develop a simple form that allow to schedule  a meeting and invite the participant in the same time.

Thank you for your help.
Philippe

#2 2009-04-21 09:19:06

**_AChemey_**

Re: Is it possible to add participant throught the API

Philippe,

Welcome to the community!

Yes, it's possible to add participants to a meeting using the XML-API.  Since you are reading the Connect Pro 7 Webservices document - you can "find" the following phrases...

You can search for:  Chapter 4: Meetings

You can also search for:  Add a user to a meeting and display meetings

This chapter gives you the information for creating meetings and adding participants, etc.

Please let us know if you need more [specific] information.

Regards,

Andrew

#3 2009-04-21 11:22:07

**_PhilippeDRCA_**

Hi Andrew,

Thanks a lot !
So, I just would like to double check my initial purpose : you mean it is possible to create all the following steps from my  Flex application, in one flow : 

1. Connect to ACP
2. Add participants
3. Schedule a meeting
4. Ask ACP to send invitation to participant

Basically when my application user prepare a meeting he/she just need to fill a form with all the necessary information and then send the request to ACP.
Once we access the meeting room, we are ready to start the presentation bc everything is already done (participant is already added and invited by email).

Thanks in advance,
Best,

Philippe

#4 2009-04-21 13:38:30

**_roysdenc_**

Philippe
    Let me give you an example of what we do with the API.  Through our own systems at my work, a user can create a new room, with a given name, for a specific time.  Customers can then register through our site, and when it comes time to join the meeting, all of their info is passed into Connect, so the automatically get into the meeting without having to log into Connect. 

I know this is a little different from what you are asking (we don't make a participants list or send an invite through Connect), but should at least give you a warm and fuzzy that what you are wanting to do sounds possible based on our use case.

-Chris

#5 2009-04-21 14:04:28

**_AChemey_**

Phillipe,

Chris provides a great workflow. 

Otherwise - yes, what you would like to do with your applications is possible.

Regards,

Andrew

#6 2009-04-24 13:21:40

**_nikki_**

New user to Adobe Connect Pro, downloaded the trial version, and about to pull my hair out!  I am looking for simple instructions on the following area of frustration.  I have set up a meeting, and I do not want to add the participants to any sort of user list, as they will be changing on a regular basis.  I tried to add one participant with no "permissions" so to speak, and she was able to log on to Connect Pro.  I dont want this, I only want individuals to be able to log on to the meeting I am setting up.  They should not have access to anything else as they are outside of my organization and will not know in advance.  Please advise how to set this up with SIMPLE steps.

Thanks in advance.....
Nikki

Last edited by **_nikki_** (2009-04-24 13:22:08)

#7 2009-04-24 14:33:21

**_AChemey_**

Nikki,

Welcome (to the community and to Connect)!!!

It's hard to tell, because you indicated you are a "new user".  Are you trying to create meetings and enroll participants (and log-in participants) through the Adobe Connect Pro interface, or are you building an application and trying to do the same through the XML-API?

Either way...

What kind of users and meetings are you trying to create?  You can create a meeting, where only "guests" you allow into the meeting are capable of entering the actual meeting.  This is a process where the participant is given the URL to a meeting and they enter their name as a "guest" and you have the ability as an Meeting host to allow them (or not) to enter the meeting.  If you are interested in actual enrolling participants into a meeting, so they have to enter their name/password - you can create an account for them without any permissions (which it seems you may have already done).  It will give them access to actually log-in to the Meeting and the Adobe Connect Pro interface, but they won't be able to do anything in the Admin interface... 

If it's the latter you are concerned about, it depends on how many users and meetings you are creating/appending - but you could create a customized log-in page that changes their password when they click "submit" to log them into the meeting with a different password than what they are aware of.

If this question is NOT about using the API - we should move this to a more general area, so other folks can [potentially] read and respond.

I hope I reached you, before the hair hit the floor...  :)

Regards,

Andrew

Board footer