Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-11 03:53:04

**_ngriesbaum_**

Limited Administrator permissions - Not Working properly

I have given the following rights to the limited Admin Group:
+ View User Data
    + Reset Password

However if a limited Admin logs in and goes in "Administration", then "Users and Groups", then selects a User, the "Information" button stays grey - he cannot display the user data and reset the password.

If I give the limited Admin the right to delete users, the "Delete" button becomes selectable. This works well.

To me this looks like a software bug, or is there something else to configure ?

Nico

#2 2009-02-11 17:23:00

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Limited Administrator permissions - Not Working properly

I would go to Adobe Support on this one. This sounds like a back end fix to me.

#3 2009-02-16 16:27:27

**_scottrbw_**

ngriesbaum wrote:

I have given the following rights to the limited Admin Group:
+ View User Data
    + Reset Password

However if a limited Admin logs in and goes in "Administration", then "Users and Groups", then selects a User, the "Information" button stays grey - he cannot display the user data and reset the password.
Nico

We are recently seeing the same issue -- all of a sudden, two individuals we had listed as "Administrators Limited" cannot view user data (the Information button stays grey). 

Scott

Last edited by **_scottrbw_** (2009-02-16 16:27:55)

#4 2009-03-06 09:03:26

**_peavyr_**

Since we are experience the same challenge with this feature, I have submitted the question to Connect Support. Has anyone heard back from this on issue yet?

#5 2009-03-06 09:09:04

**_scottrbw_**

Adobe Tech Support knows it's a bug, has no fix for it, and no particular date by which they promised to fix it.  I did receive a nice note saying they'll tell me when they fix it ...

Please tell us here if you get a more satisfying answer.  In the meantime, we've had to promote our "Admin Limited" people (2 of them) to "Admin", and hope they don't delete any content.

We really like the concept of the "Admin Limited" -- this person can take care of creating logins, modifications to users, etc, without worrying about doing irreparable harm to the Content/Training databases.  We lost some content last year off of our server (unintentionally), and it was impossible to retrieve (we had to republish from our source files, etc, and we lost training records). 

So, I'm not very happy about the situation ...

#6 2009-04-21 15:03:26

**_connectguy_**

This is fixed in Connect 7 SP3

#7 2009-04-23 09:03:25

**_scottrbw_**

Thanks ... I was told that I'd be informed when this got fixed -- I guess you've told me.  We have a hosted installation, so things get "fixed" in the background.  We rarely know when things have been changed.  It's nice not to have to worry about installing software, but  it would certainly be NICER to know what's NEW. 

Thanks for the heads-up.

Scott

Board footer