Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-22 07:39:00

**_chuckorms_**

Participants not able to join meeting - firewall issues?

My company bought Adobe Connect in-house solution and I have been using basic Adobe Connect for webinars.  My clientle is mostly goverment agencies.  I have been inviting my government clients to adobe connect meetings and a large percentage are not able to connect.  Some have been able to run the test and get a pass, but when they try to enter the room they get a failure message.  They have confirmed they have flash on their computer.  Is this due to a firewall issue?  Is there a series of procedures someone has developed to trouble shoot participants who can't get in?

Thanks

#2 2009-04-22 07:51:40

**_gajett_**

Re: Participants not able to join meeting - firewall issues?

what do they see when trying to enter a meeting?  just the loading screen and nothing more?  if so, they will need to allow traffic through port 1935. 

all should run the test and get a pass, just as a matter of best practice.

greg

#3 2009-04-22 09:13:26

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

To elaborate a little more on what Greg said, the port requirements for Connect Pro Server v7 are as follows:
- Port 1935 (RTMP)
- Port 80, or other HTTP port
- Port 443 if SSL is enabled

I hope that helps!

#4 2009-04-23 02:24:42

**_Alan_**

This is helpful.

For someone like myself who is unfamiliar with changing these settings, is there documentation or a quick summary of how we would walk someone through making these changes to their settings?

Thanks!

A

#5 2009-04-23 06:38:18

**_Jeff_at_RealEyes_**

Since your clients are typically Government agencies, their security measures tend to be very stringent, regardless of the sector. If some of your participants are unable to connect into a meeting, they'd have to take it up with their IT Team to see where the problem lies.

The absolute last thing I'd ever encourage is you making any changes to their local settings that will enable them to attend.

Board footer