Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-11-11 14:01:40

**_jameslloyd_**

Account Notification at login won't go away

Hi y'all.

Last friday we exceeded our concurrent learner account settings.  No problem with that.  I got an email notification - perfect.

But now everytime I login, I get the same notification.  I click OK but it comes back everytime I log in.  The notification has an option to turn off notifications, but that is not what I should have to do - I just need to acknowledge this instance and it should go away.

I called support, but they seem a bit overwhelmed with sp1 - I don't expect an answer there.

Anyone else dealt with this, or is this the current state of Connect and the only option is to disable notifications?

Last edited by **_jameslloyd_** (2008-11-11 14:03:13)

#2 2008-11-12 16:44:21

**_project359_**

Re: Account Notification at login won't go away

I just have my login notifications turned off and only receive them via email.

Under "Notofications", uncheck the box next to "Display on Login Page"

#3 2008-11-18 12:09:05

**_jameslloyd_**

Yup - that's the last thing Adobe said before starting their typical 'ignore this' issue approach (haven't heard from them for 4 days now!).

Sure glad this isn't my bank account - looks like I'd have to turn off login notifications entirely rather than acknowledging them.

Just another 'is this an industrial-grade solution?' issue.
(can you guess my answer?).

#4 2008-11-18 17:46:20

**_randahm_**

Thank you for reporting this usability issue.

The notifications are in place to help an administrator of the system know when configured thresholds have been reached. Once a threshold is reached, as you have experienced, the notification is provided.

Notifications remain in place for 90 days after the configured threshold was reached. This is to remind the administrator that an issue may need to be addressed (many administrators do not use the system in otehr capacities, and may not log in for weeks). As listed earlier in this thread, you can disable login notifications if you do not want to see them.

I've entered an enhancement request that will allow an administrator to either dismiss the login error, and/or change the duration for which the notification remains active.

#5 2008-11-18 17:51:22

**_jameslloyd_**

Thanks Randah,

I was just called moments ago from Adobe Support (Ysrael) and he said that notifcations expire after 30 days.  The effect is the same and I will have turn off notifications.

Thank you for entering your ideas as feature requests - it seems reasonable to expect to be able to dismiss the login notification.

#6 2009-04-22 07:31:47

**_chuckorms_**

I have an event scheduled for 4/23/09.  I chose the email options to remind participants of the event one day prior to the event and thank participants 12 hours after the event.  Well, I received a thank you for the event one day prior to event.  Has anyone encountered this issue?  If so, please explain how to correct.  Thanks

#7 2009-04-22 07:39:29

**_jameslloyd_**

chuck - you are talking about event notifications which are different that the account overage notifications in this thread.

However, to your issue, I would double-check the time and date settings on your account - keeping in mind that there is both a time/date setting for yourself as a user AND a time/date setting for the system.

Board footer