Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-20 07:47:18

**_donutman925_**

Embedded PowerPoint audio not working in connect

I am using Office 07 and recorded audio into a PowerPoint by using PowerPoint's built in record narration feature instead of using Adobe presenter. To upload it to connect I do use Adobe Presenter. I clicked "import audio" in Presenters drop down menu then "import from presentation" and then published it to connect.  Now when I upload it and go into my content folder and play it, the audio is there and works fine, but the problem I am having is when I go into a seminar room and try to do it that way I get the PowerPoint but the audio is not working.  I am trying to do it this way because the PowerPoint may end up being used on mobile devices as well as on connect for computers and I don't want to have to do two separate recordings for each. Any suggestions on why its working in one part of Connect and not another?

Last edited by **_donutman925_** (2009-04-21 13:43:04)

#2 2009-04-20 11:03:45

**_Daniel_**

Re: Embedded PowerPoint audio not working in connect

Hi donutman,

If I understand how Connect and Presenter work, Presenter will not read embedded audio, only audio that is inserted using the Presenter plug-in. Since Connect uses Presenter to convert ppt files anyway, there is not really a work around that I know of. You'll need to insert your audio file using presenter and upload your content that way. You should also be able to play it in a connect meeting room without trouble, so long as you have the pod synchronized correctly.

Daniel

#3 2009-04-21 06:37:54

**_Jstegenga_**

To include audio or video in Powerpoint you must use adobe Presenter.  Presenter allows you to embed FLV, SWF and slide by slide audio, synchronized to the animations.

As a comparison, webex works the same way - you use their UCF tool to put tiny clips into ppt.  I'm not even sure Live Meeting, by Microsoft, supports importing audio and video embedded in PPT - I'll have to check that.

#4 2009-04-21 12:13:41

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Presenter 7 should allow you to import your PPT audio through the Import Audio tool. If you open that you should see a button for importing the audio into Presenter and it should run through the process automatically.

#5 2009-04-21 13:41:38

**_donutman925_**

I reworded my question a little bit.

#6 2009-04-21 14:57:19

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If you want audio in your presentation the only way to do it reliably with Connect is to use Presenter. The problem with embedding the audio through PPT is that it creates the audio files locally and uses a call to that local file to play the audio. When it is uploaded to the Connect server, it is converted to Flash, which plays by server rules. This means it cannot call local file paths.

Presenter creates the audio in a folder structure that is uploaded as a part of the presentation so the presentation runs on XML and SWF's calling to the audio.

Not sure why it worked when you uploaded it to the content library, but you should see a silent presentation when you upload a straight PPT to Connect.

Daniel is right, I must not have read the revisions to you post...

#7 2009-04-21 14:57:29

**_Daniel_**

Hi donutman,
Thanks for clarifying. Have you left the presentation sync'd and then in the pod options menu for the share pod select the option for show play bar and then press the play button. This will allow participants to view the presentation at the same time, and should include your audio. Does this work? If it is not that, then it seems like something in the way that the audio was imported is creating a problem in Presenter... Just guessing.
Daniel

Board footer