Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-10 12:51:15

**_jcooper9099_**

XML api returning strange result

I am making a coldfusion app that regsiters a user for a particular course. When I go to call permsission-update I get:

<results><status code="invalid"><invalid field="principal-id" type="id" subcode="format"/></status></results>

the url that it uses in the request is

https://rti.na3.acrobat.com/api/xml?act … on=*cookie deleted from post*

the principal-id is formmatted correctly and the api call works if I paste that url in ths same browser window.

Anybody know what is going on?

Last edited by **_jcooper9099_** (2009-04-10 12:51:47)

#2 2009-04-16 23:23:06

**_nickc_**

Re: XML api returning strange result

I would try passing in your account-id, in fact, you will always want to pass in the account-id for every request you make to Connects Hosted solution.

#3 2009-04-17 07:12:21

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: XML api returning strange result

Thanks nick for the reply. I disagree with you about the account ID, it's not needed when you specify your exact domain, at least it has not been needed for at leas the last year and the other hundreds of API calls that I am making are working, only one specicifies the account ID,

That being said. The cause of this problem is much stranger. For some reason Coldfusion was including the DTD text as part of the string which was formed from grabbing the value of an XML node.

So far that is he first time I have ever seen any application try to assign a DTD to a simple string.

Board footer