Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-16 08:21:44

**_CBButler_**

Suggestion for Notifications in Connect Pro

Is it possible to build in an option to allow one to elect to send notifications to a specific group enrolled in a curriculum?  Here's my scenario:

I have a curriculum that will have 25 - 30 people enrolled in it every other month.  We have established groups, and when a new group is ready to start, they are added to the curriculum.  I like to send out periodic notices to a group to keep them informed of their specific milestone requirements.  As my current options appear I can send to:

All enrollees
Enrollees who have not completed the curriculum.
Enrollees who have failed the curriculum.
Enrollees who have failed or not completed the curriculum.
Only to specific e-mail addresses.

Well, none of those are well suited to my purpose, because if I send to all enrollees, I'll be bothering people with information they've already been provided, and if I have to type or paste in 25-30 email addresses...well, you can see how that will be a pain in the you-know-what. 

I do see instances where I might use all of these scenarios, but would love to have the ability to send to a specific GROUP as well.

Thanks!

Last edited by **_CBButler_** (2009-04-16 08:22:44)

#2 2009-04-16 10:39:32

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Suggestion for Notifications in Connect Pro

I developed something for a similar purpose. It's part of a complicated application. If you have a programmer who is fammilar with connect's webservices API you would want your application to do the following.

1. Get a report of the users who are enrolled. (possible with webservices API)
3. Get the status of people who have are enrolled but not yet started. they  will have a stats of not-attempted. (this is poossible too)
4. Filter that result by members of the group you mention( this is possible, but not straight forward)
5. Send an email to each person in that group (possible to do with the xml returned from your prevoious 4 steps)

Board footer