Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-13 15:18:08

**_katherina_**

Presenter: Unable to insert videos on Intel based Mac Parallels 3.0

The Import Video and Import Flash selections appear on Presenter's drop-dow menu, but when you select these options nothing happens.

Adobe support is helping with this problem, but has not been able to reproduce the problem on the same set-up.

If you are running Parallels 3.0 on an Intel based Mac, please post whether or not the Import Video and Import Flash features work for you.

Thanks

#2 2008-06-13 15:19:46

**_katherina_**

Re: Presenter: Unable to insert videos on Intel based Mac Parallels 3.0

I'd like to add that we are also using Microsoft PowerPoint 2003.

#3 2008-06-16 23:49:21

**_philip.roy_**

You've not said what version of Windows you are using, if it's BootCamp based etc?

I'm running XP as a BootCamp partition and PowerPoint 2002 (think it is also called XP?) and not having issues....although when you do, check the video you are trying to import doesn't use some obscure audio codec.

If your Windows install is in BootCamp and not a disk image, try botting straight into Windows...at least that way you can eliminate Parallels from the picture.

I'm also assuming you've done all the Windows updates that the system says it needs?

Cheers, Phil

#4 2008-06-23 01:37:39

**_catholicon_**

Its working for me. I would suggest re-installing Presenter.

#5 2008-08-07 17:00:37

**_shifter_**

I just found this post out of frustration. I am using Intel macbook pro with parallels 3 and windows xp sp3. I am trying to get presenter to function correctly with MS office 2003 sp3. I have the exact same issue as above. when I try to import a flash file I get the error message " an Error occurred during creation of an ActiveX control.

Any advice or suggestions on troubleshooting would be greatly appreciated.

#6 2008-08-08 06:43:41

**_admirer.blogger_**

Make sure the document you are working on is not present at a Network location .
Also , enable Active X and Macros .It should work after that

#7 2008-09-10 09:11:41

**_lego_**

It is my hunch that this happens whenever i map my parallels hard disk to mac hard disk

#8 2009-04-14 23:01:11

**_jturkle_**

I am also having the same problem with Presenter 7 with Windows XP Professional with Offiice 2007 installed and have the docs located on  my XP side on the virtual machine. I'm not sure what happens but all I'm seeing is a big nothing, no action takes palces when importing video of swf files.
Where does one enable the Active X and Macros feature. Is that in Power Point? Has anyone else tried this and found it to solve the problem?

Oddly enough we see some similar problems (but not as debilitating when using Captivae in capture mode.

Any additional help woulbe appreciated here too.

#9 2009-04-15 15:55:38

**_jturkle_**

It seems the problem was solved by updating Presenter 7 to version 7.0.2. Apparently new downloads of the software still are not up to this version, so being a new mac owner, when I downloaded the software from the server I was unintentionally getting a downlevel version of Presenter. Going to the update dropdown in Help solved thsi issue.

I hope that helps anyone else

Board footer