Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-07 13:36:39

**_mehtaviral_**

Lag in screen share and VOIP

A lot of our users are complaining about a huge lag while they do screen shares and use VOIP. Most of these users are on our corporate LAN so I dont think it should be their internet connection.

We are currenlty using COnnect 7 SP2.

Any help will be appreicated.

Thanks

#2 2009-04-07 14:36:24

**_gajett_**

Re: Lag in screen share and VOIP

when in the meeting, have them check their latency -- the green (hopefully) box in the upper right corner of a meeting room.  it will show up/down tx rate/latency.  it should be measured in milliseconds.
(example: inside our LAN my latency is 1 - 2 milliseconds, Connect traffic is prioritized)

if this is a recent install of Connect you may need to prioritize the Connect server traffic in your LAN.  if this just started happening 'out of the blue' talk to your network admins and find out if any prioritization is happening, and were there recent hardware changes.

Greg

#3 2009-04-07 16:04:15

**_roysdenc_**

Also are you on a hosted or licensed account?  Not necessarily a cuplprit, but always good to know when trouble shooting something like this.

When your users say there is a huge lag, approx how long is the lag?  If it is a second or two, I see that every day.  If it is more, then there are issues that need to be addressed.  I ask because different people have different expectations.  With the second or two example, it is due mostly in part to how Connect syncronizes multiple data streams.  It is close, but not 100%.  I see the same things with slides.  If it is more than the second of two, Greg is spot on from what I have heard in the past.

-Chris

#4 2009-04-13 17:54:35

**_mehtaviral_**

Greg,

I was in a meeting room today where the user was sharing their screen and I had control over her Desktop. I checked and the latency was jumpoing between 2 ms and 6 ms.

Up - 0.08
down was jumping between 4 and 36

This is a licensed account not hosted. I am not sure if Connect traffic is Prioritized but I can check it with my network folks.

Thanks for replying.

#5 2009-04-13 17:58:19

**_mehtaviral_**

I would liek to add one more think about our backend infrasturcture for connect. We are using a hardware loadbalancer with SSL acceraltion for our 2 Connect boxes. The MSSQL database is on a seperate box which is part of a 2 server cluster.

Board footer