Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-11 11:13:57

**_Kyle_Sullivan_**

Live event. Injecting audio delay into the VOIP signal.

Hi all.  I'm working on a large corporate virtual meeting.  We have been able to connect an existing camera system into Adobe Connect meeting.   We're switching live back and forth between 3 cameras.  For the audio, we have 3 wireless lav mics and 1 handheld mic fed into an audio mixer.  I'm applying some compression to the audio to maintain a consistent audio experience.

One thing we all know is that there is a sync issue between the voice and the video.  I assume that the audio (because it is always given priority) is ahead of the video.   While I understand that different people have different experiences based on their viewing location, I was thinking to electronically delay the audio (using a delay processor) to help with the sync problem. 

Does anyone know if this may work?  Any suggestions?

(BTW, if anyone is interested in my setup, I'm willing to share.. maybe not until after next week when the event is over!).

#2 2009-04-13 12:29:36

**_dyun_**

Re: Live event. Injecting audio delay into the VOIP signal.

Hi Kyle,

I don't know if the voice delay would be the best course of action as you can never accurately predict if and what the latency between audio/video will be.  Our event services team has successfully achieved the use case that you are looking to achieve without having to endure any of the problems you are anticipating.  See this tutorial for some more information about how they run their simulcasts:
http://connectusers.com/tutorials/2008/ … /index.php

If you click on the image in the tutorial, you can see it in action and judge for yourself if you think the performance is acceptable.

Good Luck,
David

#3 2009-04-13 15:38:58

**_Kyle_Sullivan_**

Re: Live event. Injecting audio delay into the VOIP signal.

Hi Dyun.  Thanks for the response.  I understand that we won't be able to accurately fix the sync issue for all users, there seems to be a baseline amount of out-of-sync audio, maybe even up to 1/10 of a second. 

In the event services work, how exactly have they addressed the audio-video latency issue?

Thanks,
Kyle

Board footer