Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-07 11:02:42

**_Nadine_**

MP3 player not working

In the last week or so, I have noticed that my work computer no longer loads the MP3 player the whole way so that I am able to hear it. I used the MP3 player in my meeting room previously without issue.  (It's no big loss because the attendees can hear it, but I do like to ensure that everything is working correctly during my preparations prior to the meeting.)

Does anyone know of any computer settings I should check? I ask because the issue coincides with receiving a new computer at work. Although I've re-installed the Connect add-in, that seems to be the trigger for the MP3 player to NOT work. It functions fine without the add-in installed.

Any thoughts or insight to share? Thanks!

Last edited by **_Nadine_** (2009-04-07 11:03:16)

#2 2009-04-07 22:56:18

**_santhony_**

Re: MP3 player not working

1.) Windows or Mac? (I'm assuming Windows for now)
2). Windows XP or Vista ?
3). Do you have sound working on your computer outside of Connect?
4). Check Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sounds and Audio Devices > Audio tab > Advanced button > make sure that all audio devices have the volume turned up and aren't muted (Line in can remain muted if it is listed as muted).

#3 2009-04-08 07:13:55

**_Nadine_**

Re: MP3 player not working

Shayla, thanks for the reply and possibilities.

This is not a sound settings issue. The MP3 player loading (or in this case, never loads) issue only occurs after the Connect add-in is installed.

So, now I'm wondering if it's related to our LAN or security settings here at my offices. We're a benefits administrator, thus we must have extra security in place to comply with HIPAA.

Last edited by **_Nadine_** (2009-04-08 07:14:14)

Board footer