Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-01 10:56:47

**_thedoc2k_**

Slides are ending before animation completes

I just got a new problem which doesnt make much sense to me as it just started happening.

but now when i publish to Connect pro and view my presentation, the slides end before the PPT animations are complete. It looks like about 3-5 seconds early. why is this happening?

Using Presenter 7 with PPT 2003 on XP SP3

#2 2009-04-02 08:49:08

**_Daniel_**

Re: Slides are ending before animation completes

Do you have audio or video inserted in the slide? Sometimes getting the timing of audio to be consistent with timing of slide animations can be important. Are your slide animations set to occur on a timetable that you established?

#3 2009-04-02 11:28:36

**_thedoc2k_**

No, i just have the PPT Animations, which were created in PPT 2003. This problem just "started" out of nowhere. i didnt change any settings, it just started ending early when published.

#4 2009-04-06 15:38:08

**_roysdenc_**

Is it just the last slide that ends before the annimation, or is it all slides?  I have found that I often need to add one last buffer slide at the end of presentations because Connect does some funny things sometime.  Also, though I haven't tested, I have found that when you record a presentation, the end time can vary from where you stop the recording by a few seconds based on how the different data streams line up.  As part of our best practices, we pause for a few extra seconds at the end of presentations before stopping recordings.

If your issue is only with the last slide, maybe it is a similar issue, and adding buffer time or an extra slide can correct this.  Not the best option, but if it works, it is peace of mind.

-Chris

#5 2009-04-07 08:42:37

**_thedoc2k_**

Its all slides. As a terrible temporary solution iv just set the slide times to 15 seconds via Presenter and the user can advance through manually. but this is not professional at all. I may try and just redo the presentation from scratch and maybe cancel out anything i might have done to cause this. Ill keep you posted on what i learn.

#6 2009-04-07 09:57:07

**_roysdenc_**

Did you test posting your presentation (without the additional time) as a zip file?  I am curious as to if this would help or not.

-Chris

Board footer