Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-02 09:34:34

**_bobhinton_**

Microphone problems

Student goes through the audio wizard setup and has no problems getting the microphone to work, but after about 20 minutes she has to go back through the audio wizard setup.  Is there a setting that would disconnect her microphone.

#2 2009-04-02 11:01:41

**_bobhinton_**

Re: Microphone problems

Has anyone had problems using a bluetooth headset with connect pro.

#3 2009-04-02 17:57:17

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

bobhinton wrote:

but after about 20 minutes she has to go back through the audio wizard setup

What caused the user to need to do this again?

#4 2009-04-03 08:49:26

**_bobhinton_**

The student went to talk and couldn't get her mic to work. So she went back through the audio wizard set up.

#5 2009-04-03 09:03:34

**_gajett_**

this sounds like a user issue.  what was the student doing *other than* participating in the meeting?  It seems possible that there was something else going on that superseded Connect's control of the mic.

Greg

#6 2009-04-03 09:04:29

**_bobhinton_**

That is what I'm thinking, could Skype be causing the problem.

#7 2009-04-03 09:07:24

**_gajett_**

skype could cause the problem.  especially if trying to use both skype and Connect simultaneously.  Connect is 'sensitive' to applications 'owning' a/v devices.  If connect is launched, then several minutes later skype takes control of the mic, connect will release the mic (in my experience).

Greg

#8 2009-04-03 09:08:38

**_bobhinton_**

They are also running IE 6.0

#9 2009-04-03 09:24:54

**_gajett_**

more important is the flash version and the add-in.  this really is almost certainly a user issue, rather than a connect issue.
as long as users want to use multiple audio/visual/voip apps simultaneously, they can take the steps necessary to ensure microphone access in each app.  running the set-up wizard only takes a second. 
it may be possible to simply right click in the connect window, choose settings, and select the microphone, rather than run the wizard. i haven't tried it, but it may work.

Greg

#10 2009-04-03 11:48:47

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I would have to agree that something else is at play here. Once the user has gone through the Audio Setup Wizard, they shouldn't need to do it again unless they change something on their computer. Having applications used simultaneously that reach out to similar resources, may cause that issue. I have Skype running all the time on my computer, but don't talk on it and Connect at the same time.

#11 2009-04-03 12:02:49

**_bobhinton_**

Just finished talking with the student and she told me that every time she goes to talk the "Adobe Flash Player Setting" box appears.

Camera and Microphone access is requesting access to your camera and microphone, If you click Allow you may be recorded.

#12 2009-04-03 12:13:46

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

That's strange that it asks more than once. That question should come up the first time you access your camera or mic through Connect (maybe the first time you do it in a meeting). If it is asking again, it is because her browser history is being cleared, or something to that effect, so that there is not the record that she already gave permissions to the Flash player to use her mic.

At most she just needs to click OK or Agree and it should continue to work just fine. It doesn't sound like she needs to go through the full Audio Setup Wizard.

#13 2009-04-03 13:27:37

**_bobhinton_**

Could it be a problem with running IE 6.0

#14 2009-04-03 14:37:15

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

I doubt it.

Board footer