Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-30 10:30:46

**_Shanny_**

Embedded Captivate 3 simulations not working in PPT 07/Presenter 6

I have embedded multiple Captivate 3 simulations in a PPT 07/Presenter 6 document.  With the simulations "not" controlled by the player.  After embedding the simulation in the PPT document and publishing it to my desktop, the simulations work perfectly.  However, when I upload them to the Adobe Connect Enterprise Server for the company I work for, the simulation freezes when I arrive at a text entry box.  There is no cursor movement or cursor flashing to indicate that the cursor is someplace else in the browser window. 

Each simulation has various text entry boxes and click boxes.  When I publish the Captivate 3 simulations I select FP9.  The Captivate simulation text entry boxes settings are: appear after .01 seconds, upon success:  go to the next slide, no transition, some are set with a TAB shortcut (seamless tabbing "false" in HTML) and others are set with ENTER as the shortcut, scores are not tracked, pause project until user clicks, pause for success/failure captions, text entry boxes are set for 3 tries then go to the next slide, click boxes are set for infinite tries.

What am I doing wrong?  If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!

Shanny

#2 2009-04-02 17:32:42

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Embedded Captivate 3 simulations not working in PPT 07/Presenter 6

The text entry box has been a known issue with Cp and Presenter for some time now. The best solution is to upload the Presenter Presentation and Cp presentations to the Connect server separately. Then instead of imbedding the Cp simulation in the Presenter Presentation, put a hyperlink on the slide to the Cp presentation.

And don't forget to set the property for the end of the Cp simulation to close project so that when the user is done interacting with it, they go right back to the Presenter piece.

#3 2009-04-03 09:31:24

**_Shanny_**

Re: Embedded Captivate 3 simulations not working in PPT 07/Presenter 6

Thanks Jorma_at_RealEyes!  I published the Captivate simulation directly to the Connect server and it ran without a glitch, so I'll try your hyperlink suggestion and see how smoothly the entire presentation runs.  Thanks again!

Shanny

Board footer