Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-12-08 15:03:37

**_kathy_**

Limited Administrators group

Hi I am using Acrobat Connect pro 7 and am in the process of setting up the groups.  I do not have the limited administrators group.  How or where should this group be?

#2 2008-12-08 15:35:48

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Limited Administrators group

This group should be listed in the Users and Groups section of the Admin access for Connect. It is one of the system groups. If it is not there, you should go to your Adobe Support contact as this group likely was deleted and Adobe will have to re-create it.

#3 2008-12-23 14:48:45

**_kathy_**

You were right, the group was not there.  This would have happened when the install took place. I had to edit the table to add the Administrators - Limited.

#4 2009-01-05 23:48:42

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Glad it could be an "Easy" fix.

#5 2009-04-02 07:37:03

**_connectguy_**

Kathy,

The fact that the limited-admins group was not present is a bug with your license. 
You will need to contact Adobe Support as this is a known bug.

"I had to edit the table to add the Administrators - Limited"

If you edited the Principals table in the DB and added it, you are heading for trouble.  Connect uses a relational database, and ID's that are generated by Java (not SQL). 
By inserting into the table you run the risk of the system duplicating that ID (It doesn't know it's used), and more importantly it you would need to insert rows into at least 5 other tables that are tied to that Principal_ID.

While you might have accomplished the ability to see the limited-admins group, you may well have compromised the system for day to day operations and future upgrades. 

The best solution is to get your license modified and rapply it. 
NOTE** if you were missing Limited-Admins, there is a good chance you are missing other stuff as well.   

Cheers,
Brad

Board footer