Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-08-06 17:00:40

**_regina_**

Training Catalog

Hi all,
I have a problem to access the Training Catalog. I receive the message: Invalid - The action you attempted could not be completed. Please see details for reason.
Apparent it is necessary first to create a catalog with respective url.
I went to the guide Training (help), but do not have links to create a catalog and there is no created catalog.
Can anybody help me with that?
Thanks.
Regina (Brazil)
Connect Administrator and Training Manager

#2 2008-08-06 17:40:11

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Training Catalog

As a Training Manager, or Admin, you can go to the Training Tab and there will be a training catalog link at the top where you can set up folders or permissions for the training catalog. Then you can choose to add Courses or Curriculum's to the Training Catalog through their individual options, the Training Catalog Settings link for that course or curriculum.

#3 2008-08-15 15:22:47

**_regina_**

Hi, Jorma,

Thanks for reply, but the Training Catalog link isn't display in my Training Tab in Connect. At his place My Training appears.

In version r_712 ok, but in version r_723 don't appear.
What can I do to fix this problem?

Thanks. Regina

#4 2008-08-15 15:46:07

alistairlee

The workflow for adding a piece of content to the Training Catalog is a bit different strange in that you need to have the content created before adding it to the training catalog.  In other words, you don't have the option when creating the content to add it - you only have the option after the course or curriculum has already been created.

To add the course or curriculum to the training catalog, select it and you should see a link.

Here's a screenshot of what it looks like:
trainingcatalog.png

#5 2008-08-21 07:53:50

**_regina_**

Hi Alistair,
Thanks for your attention.

Sorry, but it doesn't work.
I don't succeed put a screenshot like you, but in these:
"You have not selected a catalog listing for this item. Please select a listing"

If I can't create a training catalog....

Thanks.
Regina

#6 2008-08-21 08:55:25

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Alistair's screen shot is for the Catalog settings for the content. The link I was refering too is above the screen shot that Alistair has shown. When you click the Training Tab you should see a list of sub-links just below the tab bar. One says Training Catalog, it is just to the right of the My Training link. Using that link you can set up folders and sub-folders to use in the training catalog.

#7 2008-08-22 14:41:12

**_regina_**

Hi Jorma and Alistair,

Thanks you, but you don't understand me... maybe because I'm brazilian and my english is very poor, sorry...

I really don't see or have a link at Training Catalog in Training tab.... in his place, I have My Training

I have this  link in content tab, or vitual class tab, but it don't work and show me that message.....
"You have not selected a catalog listing for this item. Please select a listing"

In a Connect version r_712 (see help in login Page) I see and access the training catalog and I can create a catalog, but in version r_723 it don't exist and I can't create the first training catalog.

If I can to put a screenshot here, I can show to you both, the screen of version r_712 and the screen of version r_723. Can I send this for yours e-mails?
Thanks.

#8 2008-08-25 10:56:35

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Your more than welcome to email me. This may be an issue that needs to go to Adobe Support. If you are on Version 7 of Connect and don't have that link then something is missing and not working correctly. Are you on a licensed or hosted deployment of Connect? If licensed, can you go back to the previous version until a solution is found?

I understand that you don't see all these options when you are in the training tab. You should have a number to contact Support for this or you can contact your reseller and they can get you the correct info for Support at adobe.

#9 2008-08-25 13:44:12

**_regina_**

Thank you Jorma.

You are quite right. I believe that the best doing, since there is no easy solution, is to contact the Support Adobe and to inform the problem.
Anyway very much thank by the attention.

Regina

#10 2008-12-03 20:31:28

**_quinn_**

Hi Regina, were you ever able to resolve this issue?

#11 2009-03-31 15:23:31

**_kheira_**

I'd also like to know - I'm having the same situation.  I'm an admin and I can't see the "Training Catalog" option in my menu.

#12 2009-04-01 09:47:08

**_regina_**

Hi,
I achieve solution with Adobe Support. This is a license problem and they resolve.
Thanks

Board footer