Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-25 09:01:36

**_jrc_**

camera and audio broadcast issues with connect pro 7 sp2

my environment :

i am running connect pro since a couple of years and the current production system is 6 sp3.
i've installed a test server to perform the migration towards version 7.
the migration process was ok and this test server is running version 7 sp2.

the problem is :

when i open a meeting on this test server i cant broadcast camera nor audio
even the audio setup wizard does not react to the mic test.
i am using an usb creative webcam, and a standard jack headset

i've verified that this was ok on the test server running v6 sp3 and also still working with the prod server.

i have no idea were to look to fix this.
i have reinstalled flash player 10 activeX and plugin, and also connect addin on my client....

well any help, suggestion or support  is welcome ! ;-)

#2 2009-03-25 09:35:47

**_tlchurch_**

Re: camera and audio broadcast issues with connect pro 7 sp2

If you run the meeting with ?launcher=false (in the browser, not the add-in), does it still not work? If it works in the browser, it's an add-in problem. If not, there's something stranger going on.

I would recommend turning on Connect add-in tracking (see: http://www.adobe.com/go/fd606fac).

Have you checked debug.log on the server to see if there were any errors thrown?

Have you verified that running the connection test passes all stages?

#3 2009-03-25 10:48:08

**_jrc_**

thanks a lot for your prompt  answer.

thus, i checked :

1- with ?launcher=false ; nothing better

2- the connect addin debugger is nice but works only with my connect 6 . nothing is reported in the log file when i'am opening a meeting on my connect 7 server....

3- i had a look on debug.log , (it is not easy to read) i see my connection to the meeting but nothing related to broadcasting ... what should i look for ?

4- the connection test passes stages 1 to 4 without problem.

fab

#4 2009-03-25 11:31:59

**_dyun_**

Did you try looking at the Flash Player Settings?  To view these Right Click inside the meeting and select "Settings...".  Then in the dialog box click to the second tab and make sure that you have "Allow" checked for Flash Player to access your camera and mic.

Download the Meeting troubleshooting PDF here and look at #5 in the Audio section if you need a picture to see what I'm taking about:
http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

#5 2009-03-25 11:38:00

**_dyun_**

One other thing to check is to make sure the pods weren't turned off by accident.  To do this:

1. Login to Connect Pro Central and go to the Admin Tab
2. Click on Compliance and Control
3. Verify that  Disable Video (Video pod is disabled) and Disable VoIP (Audio controls are disabled) are not checked

#6 2009-03-26 05:14:38

**_jrc_**

thank you

well :

-1- "allow" is selected in the flash player settings
-2- disabled video, audio are not checked

when i click on the "start my video and voice" button (camera pad),  the little yellow pad saying "you are now broadcasting your camera" pops up,  the webcam and mic icons in the camera pad are changed to the "dummy", and the active speaker icon appears in the attendee list pod.

i've checked several times the flash player settings, but nothing more.

on your systems the adobe connect addin tracker (see: http://www.adobe.com/go/fd606fac). works fine with connect pro 7, does it ?

i feel like the issue is linked to macromedia flash on the server but i do not know how to check it .

Board footer