Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-13 05:02:59

**_cbweb_**

Meeting Room Issue

Hi,

Our usergroup had its Connect Pro meeting last night. In preparation, some days ago, a meeting event was scheduled, and linkup/connections/sample run through were all successfully achieved.
Yesterday afternoon 2 people successfully tested the meeting room from separate locations. Ready for the event, attendees were able to logon successfully and were visible in the attendee pod. As host, I was able to log on to the meeting, I then tried 'manage my settings' to set up audio, which ran through the wizard. I had windows media player playing Nat King Cole, 'Nature Boy', in the background:) Nobody could hear it through the mike, or hear me. Also, the meeting in the admin 'meetings panel' had disappeared and was not listed at all. There were also some other clunky connection issues with the meeting room. I used the message pod to request people go to another meeting room url available to our group. They did, and the one and a half hour meeting went perfectly for host, presenter and attendees.

But I've no idea why the above happened in the first meeting room.

cheers

Colm

#2 2009-03-13 09:34:24

**_Daniel_**

Re: Meeting Room Issue

Hi Colm,
Don't know about the meeting issue and I'm sure others can chime in, directing users to another URL sounds like a good solution on the fly. Have found a "best practice" for sharing some lobby music is to upload your music into the content library and then share it in a share pod. Having it otherwise play through PC speakers and have the mic pick it can sound crummy. If you convert Nat into an .mp3 it can be loaded into the library.
Best,
Daniel

#3 2009-03-13 09:38:16

**_cbweb_**

Dan,

Thanks, good tip!

Colm

#4 2009-03-13 11:15:09

**_dyun_**

Hi Colm,

Also there is this MP3 player you can customize and upload to a share pod for a cool lobby experience:
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/i … id=1695531

Not sure why you experienced those issues with the meeting.  Did you have any content loaded into the room?  If so what kind of content?  Sometimes I've noticed that if you've uploaded some custom Flash content that it can interact badly with the room and cause the kind of meeting degradation that you seem to be describing.

Best,
David

P.S. if you want to see the MP3 Player in action you can see it here for a few moments at the beginning of the recording: http://seminars.adobe.acrobat.com/p23217391/

#5 2009-03-13 12:16:27

**_cbweb_**

Thanks for the url, I look forward to trying it out later.

Nope, there was no content loaded at the time. Also the alternate url had content preloaded, which did not in any way interfere with that alternate url connection.

I did switch to another pc from a laptop when the decision to move to another url arose. Also, there is a Connect feature to run a connection test, check Flash player/settings etc to troubleshoot connection problems like this for users with access problems.

It would be nice to have in the admin control panel access to such a feature to test meeting room connections etc.

cheers

Colm

#6 2009-03-13 15:32:02

**_cbweb_**

Mystery deepens!

My original post was on the point that a meeting room degraded to the point of being unusable and that this happened over a short space of time.

Now I got the following:

It now appears the final quality of the saved content has degraded strangely since I last took a look at lunchtime today, so that now fonts etc appear slightly pixelated and blurred, very strange!

Audio is perfect though and you can still make out your slides though not imho quality visitors should get

Its a pity because the quality much better earlier!

Has Connect altered the presentation quality of the saved content by compressing it in some way since I last looked at it?

rgds

Colm

#7 2009-03-16 13:06:53

**_roysdenc_**

When you publish, you can select and image quality, which may affect what you are seeing.  If the change is seen between creation and publishing, check this.  If things look ok when you first publish, but changes later, that would be something I haven't seen and you may need to contact support.

-Chris

#8 2009-03-16 16:37:40

**_cbweb_**

Nope, you can't select image quality, sequence in Connect is:

recording
edit recording/make offline

You can only 'publish' in eg Flash CS4 or similar where you can as you say select image quality etc.

rgds

Colm

#9 2009-03-16 17:15:33

**_roysdenc_**

When you referenced the fonts changing quality, I was thinking of experiences we have had with publishing powerpoints to the Connect server, where there is a quatlity option (as part of Presenter). 

Going back and reading your post again, I see that you are referencing the quality of the saved recording, not the uploaded content.  That was may mistake. 

Based on my new understanding of your issue, I have two questions.  First, is the quality change from the initial presention to the recording, or from one view of the recording to another view of the recording?  Second, have you viewed the recorded content again since your post on the Friday?  And if so, has the quality changed from then?

I can't say that I have noticed the issue you are referencing with the quality change with recording, but I am sure that it has probably happend to me and no one has said anything.

It might be good to make a test recording with the original content and see if you see the same behavior.

-Chris

#10 2009-03-18 09:08:59

**_cbweb_**

Yes, I've viewed recorded content again since Friday last and good news is it appears to be much better, so that issue can be parked. Let's say currently its of acceptable to good quality on playback.

I've tried David's mp3 player and find it works very well with all the default settings when its accessed though the default url assigned to it.

However, when I change the .xml  songlist with the explicit url to the uploaded .mp3 following the instructions, though the title shows up in the output, there's no sound from the file.

I followed these instructions: 'With the browser window still open, click on the

#11 2009-03-18 12:22:34

**_cbweb_**

Hi,

Well I got the mp3 player working, correct url to the file didn't get pasted into the songs.xml properly. Background graphic for the player a little pixellated, apart from that, it works fine.
I noted I had to be careful not to have a duplicate window open! The software I used had
converted a windows media wma to mp3 and this worked ok as well though once or twice the
upload file gave message 'unknown file format' before eventually uploading the file.

Colm

Board footer