Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-17 14:56:18

**_gibsonclan_**

Adding Groups into Team Members - possible?

I have to import about 250 users and they all will have the same Training Manager assigned to them

I was told from Adobe Support to customize the User Profile Fields and ensure that Manager is "activated" from the Pre-defined list.  Odd thing is though when I activated this it does not show up as a field if I go to create new user.  Adobe support said it will not - that I will need to import via CSV and it will not what to do with it.

Here are the headers I have on my CSV file -
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                first-name    last-name    login    email    password    x-manager

I import users and if I select one of the users and then go to Select Manager - nothing is there!

Under x-manager I have tried - joe user and juser (first name and last name or login name of the manager)

I know I can go to the manger's profile and select Team Members and it will show all people she is the manager of but it all displays them individually and when looking at the left side to ADD people - it is just ind names no group names - it would be handy to be able to add a group to training.

So my current option is -
import all 250 new users and then go to joe users profile (training manager) and one by one add them from the Team Members list - Insane!  There has got to be a better way.

Thoughts?

Thanks for your assistance in advance.

#2 2009-03-18 10:57:51

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Adding Groups into Team Members - possible?

I don't believe that there is a better way. You may want to look into the Web Services document http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AcrobatConn … rvices.pdf and see if there is something there is something you can do with that.

Board footer