Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-12 10:27:47

**_oneworld95_**

Hosted solution for higher ed state university

Hi. What are the hosted Connect Pro options for higher ed state universities? I've seen all the terminology (Connect Pro Meeting, Training, Events) and I'm wondering what is provided by a hosted Connect Pro solution. Can admin users create events online for educational purposes? Do they have to purchase additional tools to create the events? Thanks.

#2 2009-03-12 11:31:32

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Hosted solution for higher ed state university

oneworld95 -

We have a hosted account and actively use Connect Pro Meeting and Training.  For live webcast or meetings you can use the CP Meeting.  If you want more of a training experience, your can make your content in advance and add quizes and such, then use CP Training for publishing your courses.  There is a tool called Adobe Presenter that you can use to create the content locally on your machine and then post to the hosted server. 

There are a few companies on the board that are resellers of Adobe Connect, and if they will chime in, they would probably have the best answers for you.

-Chris

#3 2009-03-12 11:37:35

**_oneworld95_**

Thank you. That helps a lot. Roughly how much does a hosted solution cost per year? Also, does the Presenter tool cost anything after you've got a hosted solution?

#4 2009-03-12 11:44:50

**_roysdenc_**

We are under a multi year contract and pay for a high level of support, but I do not know the figures since the ins and outs of the contract are above my pay grade.  I know there are different pricing models based on your needs, so I do not have a good answer for you.

Some of the resellers I have seen on the board are RefinedData, RealEyes, Connect Solutions.  I know there are others but their names escape me.  Give them a day or so and I am sure one of them will contact you because they are always on the boards and will see this post.

-Chris

#5 2009-03-12 12:00:29

**_bsherman_**

Feel free to contact me as needed.  I manage Adobe's Acrobat Connect Professional solution for Education customers in North America. 

Regards,

Bill Sherman
bsherman@adobe.com

Board footer