Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-03 22:18:57

**_jgreen_**

Using refresh-parent in your own API

If you use Connect Pro for training, you may have noticed that when using a curriculum directly, when you launch the training from inside there, the training is called with a URL parameter called "refresh-parent".  When that's used, and the child window is closed, it automatically refreshes the Curriculum window to show the latest status.

Does anyone know how to get that working directly with your own API and website?  We are using our own method of displaying the curriculums and the courses, and I have not been successful at getting the courses to refresh the parent launching window.  I can always call my own window and write my own code in the child window to do the refreshing, but I am just wondering if there is an easier way to make that work, and if anyone else has done something like this.

Oh, and I am a brand new member, this is my first post!  I am looking forward to contributing to the community.

#2 2009-03-04 09:04:32

**_bklaas_**

Re: Using refresh-parent in your own API

We've been trying to get Adobe to open up the Presenter API so that we can do exactly the kind of thing you're describing for a few years now. Back in the days of Breeze Presentation 5, you could pass flashVars to the Breeze presentation so you could do things like pass in a student name or ID and then use an embedded Flash movie to report activity within the presentation back to a non-Connect Training server for storage (via Flash Remoting). That capability was removed in Presenter 6 and hasn't yet made a return.

It would be great if Adobe would document the API they use to make these kinds of LMS calls. I'd strongly encourage you (and anyone else interested), to post this request on their "Wish Form" for enhancements to future versions of Adobe products:

http://www.adobe.com/go/wish/

Board footer