Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-01 22:41:17

**_CrazySaguaro_**

Converting Presenter files to a flat movie file - is it possible?

Hello - I have been using Adobe Presenter for awhile now, but just recently have been interested in turning the published Presenter files into one flat movie file (AVI, WMV, MPG, anything). 

Is this possible?  If so, what is the easiest way?

I have tried using Adobe Contribute v3.0 to do this, but it seems I cannot get that to work either.  I can get all the published slides + audio in and one flat SWF file out (which looks great on it's own) ... but when trying to convert this SWF file to a movie file, the result is a SWF movie with audio that is way off.

Help!

-Gina

#2 2008-10-09 07:34:47

**_lego_**

Re: Converting Presenter files to a flat movie file - is it possible?

I am afraid you can not convert the Presenter output to one flat movie file.

But you can conevert it to a PDF file. In your presentation do Publishing to PDF from Adobe Presenter. It is a single file and will be played on any system windows,mac,linux that has Adobe Reader9

#3 2008-10-14 11:34:20

**_Ella_Earls_**

Have you ever created a DVD from an Adobe Presenter presentation?
A company want to charge $620 to convert a CD to DVD.
Thanks!

CrazySaguaro wrote:

Hello - I have been using Adobe Presenter for awhile now, but just recently have been interested in turning the published Presenter files into one flat movie file (AVI, WMV, MPG, anything). 

Is this possible?  If so, what is the easiest way?

I have tried using Adobe Contribute v3.0 to do this, but it seems I cannot get that to work either.  I can get all the published slides + audio in and one flat SWF file out (which looks great on it's own) ... but when trying to convert this SWF file to a movie file, the result is a SWF movie with audio that is way off.

Help!

-Gina

#4 2008-10-21 14:19:38

**_roysdenc_**

Gina,
    We use ACP (Adobe Connect Pro) typically for pre-recording marketing presentations.  At times we create the presentations in Presenter and publish them to a Connect meeting for playback.  Sometimes we have our field sales ask for copies of presenations they can put on their laptops for use at customer visits.  Though this isn't the same situation, it still requires making a single file we can give them.  With ACP 7 you can now download the presentation as a .flv file (in addition to the PDF).  The other option that we typically use it to use a program called Camtasia to record the screen, thus recording the presentation.  Depending on your audio card you may need to get a small cable to route your speaker connector to the mic connector on your computer  If you have a full duplex soundcard this is not needed.  Not sure if this will work for you, but Camtasia has be an extremely useful tool for us, and it sounds like it can give you what you need.

Chris

#5 2008-10-21 23:31:05

**_jaymes.c_**

sothink.com has a few conversion tools to convert swf or flv to other video formats with cropping ability if needed.

#6 2009-03-03 13:27:24

**_allenh_**

We have the same situation where we need to make content available offline and the files are messy so a simple flash format would be best.

#7 2009-03-03 13:53:33

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

With Presenter 7 you have 2 options.

1. Publish the presentation locally, but check the Auto run option. This will allow the user to insert the CD/DVD into their computer and it will just work (assuming they haven't turned off auto run on their computer).
  2. Publish the Presentation to PDF. So long as the end users have Reader 9, they will be able to view the presentation in the body of a 1 page PDF.

Board footer