Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-06 13:30:47

**_Karla_**

Importing Video and publishing with Adobe Presenter 7

I recently upgraded to Adobe Presenter 7, specifically for the video import feature.  (We have used AP 6 for about a year and put the published presentations on our own web server.)   In  AP 7,  I used the import video feature to import a .wmv file into a presentation and it seemed to work great.  When I published the presentation locally it played fine.  One slide has a short 2 minute video on it and it played fine.
When I moved the published files to our web server, the video part will not play.  It says

#2 2009-02-09 22:47:08

**_philip.roy_**

Re: Importing Video and publishing with Adobe Presenter 7

Does this help....

http://www.adobe.com/go/kb403534

Also...have you tried other video formats/files? At the time Presenter came out, I tried importing a variety of movies in mutiple formats and codecs...some gave the same results you mention, so it might be your source file that is the issue?

Cheers,

Phil

#3 2009-02-10 12:49:29

**_Karla_**

I tried a variety of formats for the video but finally found the culprit.  There was no mime configuration for the flv file type in our IIS server settings!  Once this was set up - it worked fine.

#4 2009-02-10 16:09:00

**_Daniel_**

Karla wrote:

There was no mime configuration for the flv file type in our IIS server settings!  Once this was set up - it worked fine.

How did you learn this? I experience inconsistent results with videos when trying to publish in AP, or upload FLV files to our Connect Pro Server that we intend to show in an ACP classroom. I am a novice about FLV files and know next to nothing. We use Sothink to convert, and have used Media-Convert, as well as just downloaded the RichFLV app and have used it successfully to export an FLV.

Is there a resource I can look at to educate myself about FLV basics? I suspect that sometimes I have "bad" files that are missing some component. Some videos play, others don't.

Thanks a lot.

Daniel

#5 2009-02-11 16:43:20

**_Karla_**

Daniel:
I am not an expert in flv file format nor can I even pretend to know a lot about them.   Our problem actually had nothing to do with the flv file itself.  It was more of a web server problem.  That particular file format was not declared in our web server software so essentially it was being blocked.
We found this by looking at the server logs and found a 404 error for the specific slide that the video was on.  This error code was somewhat misleading but it turned out it was not finding the file as it had no way to serve it up.
Karla

#6 2009-02-12 15:21:20

**_Daniel_**

Thanks for your reply, Karla.

Any directions from other users as far as working with FLV basics?

Thanks a lot.

Daniel

#7 2009-02-25 14:08:05

**_tlogan_**

First the obvious go to the Help file on importing video:  file:///C:/Program%20Files/Common%20Files/Adobe/Help/en_US/Presenter/7.0/WSB0BC652B-0FD2-4249-B3E1-E28ABB927058.html

Some guidance:

Talking head video (in the sidebar)
Frame rate: 30 fps
Suggested size: 240 x 180
Suggested format: .flv, but On2 FLV files is preferred and the default if you insert any other format

Slide video:
Suggested size: any
Suggested format: .flv, but On2 FLV files is preferred and the default if you insert any other format. 

Full slide video:
Suggested size: 720 x 540
Suggested format: .flv, but On2 FLV files is preferred and the default if you insert any other format. 

This may be the most important note from the HELP file:
Note: H.264 files are not reencoded as FLV files because they are supported by Flash Player 9.0.115.0 or higher. Files in AVI and MOV format that are H.264 encoded are not converted to FLV.

Just addressing the Flash player versioning that is part of this eco-system.

Board footer