Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-24 09:41:36

**_bcaille_**

Bug still not corrected in sco-update

Hi,

I'm trying to create/update virtual classrooms in Connect Pro using the API and I keep getting an exception before the actual response as if it worked.  It creates nothing and doesnt bring a correct status.

Just found out this concerning the issue :
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … d=kb403492

For now, I'm using a trial version (so 7) for development and the live environment will also be under version 7.  So this seem to be a bug on Adobe's side.  Anybody else ever ran into this?

This really is a blocker, any help would be appreciated.

Here is the error I'm getting :

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.macromedia.breeze.sco.ScoManager$ScoUpdate.execute(ScoManager.java:429)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.ActionHandler.executeOrQueue(ActionHandler.java:138)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.ActionDispatcher.dispatch(ActionDispatcher.java:268)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.ActionDispatcher.dispatch(ActionDispatcher.java:307)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.XMLHandler.execActionList(XMLHandler.java:382)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.XMLHandler.execute(XMLHandler.java:95)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.XMLHandler.service(XMLHandler.java:142)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.BaseServlet.service(BaseServlet.java:299)
    at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:106)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
    at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:286)
    at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:543)
    at jrun.servlet.http.WebService.invokeRunnable(WebService.java:172)
    at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
    at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

com.macromedia.airspeed.StatusException$InternalError: <status code="internal-error"/>
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.ActionDispatcher.dispatch(ActionDispatcher.java:289)
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.servlet.XMLHandler.execActionList(XMLHandler.java:382)
    at jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:428)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    ... 13 more

#2 2009-02-24 10:31:39

**_bcaille_**

Re: Bug still not corrected in sco-update

Could this be because of an incorrect datetime format?

What is the exact format needed for date-begin and date-end?

#3 2009-02-24 11:00:54

**_bcaille_**

Is'nt 2009-02-24T10:53:10-0500 a valid ISO8601 datetime ?

Now I'm getting "invalid date-end format" errors as response from the API.

This is getting frustrating...

#4 2009-02-24 11:51:50

**_jcooper9099_**

Aye your Date Time format looks valid. However I had simular trouble.

Try just using this

2009-02-24T10:53

#5 2009-02-24 12:08:08

**_bcaille_**

Thanks for your answer!

We're a step further now.  Date params are accepted (if I put the exact same datetime, I get the related error code) so this tells me the dates should now be ok.

Thing is, I'm back with exceptions such as :

java.lang.NullPointerException

com.macromedia.airspeed.StatusException$InternalError: <status code="internal-error"/>
    at com.macromedia.airspeed.ActionDispatcher.dispatch(ActionDispatcher.java:289)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    ... 13 more

Any ideas?

#6 2009-02-24 12:17:56

**_jcooper9099_**

Are you using the xml post method or calling this with a Get method?

#7 2009-02-24 13:09:55

**_bcaille_**

Get method is used

Here is a sample of the PHP code :

$file = file_get_contents($url);
    $xml = simplexml_load_string($file);
    $return_code = sprintf("%s",$xml->status['code']);

#8 2009-02-24 13:18:45

**_jcooper9099_**

Seems like everything would be OK. My experince with this API  is that a lot of trial and error is required. I have had on more than one occasion had to step through my code and find exactly where the failure is.

I know it's bad code because it takes 2 steps to do what 1 step should but try just creating a VC with the basic info and then updating that sco when the sco is returned.

#9 2009-02-24 13:49:03

**_bcaille_**

This is a hardcoded sample of a call I used :

folder-id 876817938 = courses

?action=sco-update&lang=fr&name=tests&folder-id=876817938&sco-tag=81&icon=virtual-classroom&type=course&date-begin=2009-02-24T10:53&date-end=2009-02-25T10:53&description=test&session=Sbreezsbak8qw64qbw52gw

Is'nt this should be ok?

If that can be of any help, I can create a type=content without any problem.  But as soon as I change attempt to create a type=course... errors are coming.

Am I missing something?

#10 2009-02-24 15:25:26

**_jcooper9099_**

Hey I got it to work by changing &type=course to &type=meeting.

When I create a VC with the web-manager I see that a "REPORT-MY-TRAINING" API action results in showing that I am enrolled in such an item of type = meeting and icon=Virtcual classroom

yeah that works, I can add courses to it through the web-manager, dunno how through the API,

Anyway good luck.

Last edited by **_jcooper9099_** (2009-02-24 15:43:19)

#11 2009-02-24 15:45:39

**_bcaille_**

Seems to work ok with meeting but is it just me or courses have a lot more boxes and options to work with than meetings (webcam, etc...)?

Is this related to a different template?

How could I work around this?

Thanks, really appreciate your help!

#12 2009-02-24 21:33:51

**_quinn_**

When you say "a lot more boxes and options", are you talking about the actual virtual classroom experience?  If so, its probably because of the default virtual classroom template.  You'll find this in:

Training > Shared Training >  Shared Templates > Default Virtual Classroom Template

This template is setup for a virtual classroom.  If you want something simpler, you can create your own template and use that instead.

Also, it seems like you've hit on a bug when trying to specify "icon=virtual-classroom" and "type=course".  These two combinations of parameters should not be possible and should be caught by validation.   I'll log a bug for this one.

#13 2009-02-25 09:19:44

**_bcaille_**

Thanks quinn and jcooper9099for your valuable help.

Is there some bugzilla accessible to report future bugs as I run into them?

#14 2009-02-25 13:28:56

**_quinn_**

Unfortunately there isn't and I don't think there will be anytime soon.   I can mention it to management, though.  I do like the idea of having a public bug system, like we do for Flex:  https://bugs.adobe.com/

Board footer