Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-09-18 19:50:15

**_Olden_**

How to make swfs scale with a sharepod

I have uploaded a number of swf files. Some scale when the sharepod is resized, while others don't scale at all.

What determines whether a swf will scale with the sharepod?

I have a particular swf that I'd like to be scalable but can't figure out how to force it to.

#2 2008-09-19 08:54:14

alistairlee

Re: How to make swfs scale with a sharepod

I believe the default behavior for a SWF is to scale automatically based on the size of the pod that contains the SWF file.

You can force the SWF to remain a specific size by writing the '_width" and '_height' attributes in the SWF itself via actionscript.

The Collaboration Builder SDK (previously called SyncSWF) can also make the SWF "aware" of the Connect Pro session and the container pod and can give you more flexibility in deciding how/when to scale.  This is a free download from the developer center, but does require you know a bit about Flash/actionscript.  Check out the Connect Pro developer center for more details on this. 
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobatconnect/

#3 2009-02-20 19:06:21

**_Olden_**

Manually forcing the swf to become aware of the pod size works; however, I still don't know what *prevents* an swf from scaling with the sharepod automatically. Some just won't by default. Very strange.

#4 2009-02-24 15:58:50

**_tlogan_**

When you author a flash file and create a .swf file your canvas size in the properties value is the size of the .swf you output unless as previously mentioned you set the height and width value via actionScript to set height and width, you set a scale parameter value (see this URL on Adobe website http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewCon … d=tn_14149 ) and/or use the CB sdk.

Remember actionscript 2.0 only and test early and often in your meeting room.  I often see in extensions created for meeting rooms a dialog when resizing a pod that states the pod is not large enough to display the pod object, that is helpful but i don't know if you code that when using the sdk or if the sdk applies that to your .swf.

#5 2009-02-25 13:10:33

**_Olden_**

Okay -- after more troubleshooting, I found that adding these components:
  -- Breeze Sync Connector
  -- Breeze Connection Emulator

kills the swf's natural ability to scale with the size of the pod automatically. Once they're included, it becomes necessary to manually make the swf self-aware of its size.

So, I added this code:

syncConnector.addEventListener("sizeChanged", this);
function sizeChanged(p_evt){
    podw = syncConnector.podWidth;
    podh = syncConnector.podHeight;
    this._width = podw;
    this._height = podh;
}

and the expected scaling behavior returned.

Thanks to all for your help!

Board footer