Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-07 13:43:30

**_jcooper9099_**

Update a Curriculum status for single user's or groups.

Hello Everyone,

I use adobe connect to train a great deal of Forensic Scientists and since most of them work in labs they attend several persons to a computer.
(i.e 15 scientist sit in a room with a conference phone and participate with one login and project the meeting room onto a screen)

The problem is taking attendance. I can add users to a curriculum, update thier status on content in the curriculum, but they NEVER show up with a status in the curriculum unless each individual logs in and views the curriculum.

I tried using user-transcript-update with the API but it says "illegal operation" if I try to update a curriculum SCO.... it works for content.

Any ideas?

#2 2008-05-15 14:47:10

**_jameslloyd_**

Re: Update a Curriculum status for single user's or groups.

I'm hoping v7 fixes this problem.  If you are hosted, we will all find out next week!

#3 2008-05-15 14:57:00

**_jcooper9099_**

we got a sneak peak at V7 from a very knowledgeable person. He didin't exactly understand my question when I asked him about this, or it is possible I did not understand his answer. I guess we'll all see on Saturday.

#4 2008-05-16 10:12:21

**_jameslloyd_**

I did have a good conversation with Randah at Adobe about this and she expressed it as a function of the 'curriculum engine' and that she was aware of it and believes that it will be resolved in v7. 

She understood that curriula were only being updated by user activity in v6.  I asked her either to provide an administrator 'update all' command (which I don't think will happen) or to modify the curriculum engine to update at regular intervals, which I what I hope will happen with v7.

#5 2008-05-19 08:47:34

**_jcooper9099_**

Looks like this was not integrated. This would not be the first time that someone at Adobe has said "it will be addressed in V7" when it was not even on the table.

#6 2008-05-20 10:24:10

**_jameslloyd_**

at least I'm not the only fool who was expecting the new reporting features when I came to work yesterday!  My opinions are stated here: http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … php?id=997

I'm still withholding judgement since the new reporting system is not released.

Using the workaround provided in that thread to access manager reports, it is clear that user status is still only being reported on user activity and in our case - only reported when a curriculum is complete.

It's still possible that the problem that prevented the reporting upgrade also prevented an update to the curriculum engine.

If managers can never see their team members who are not keeping up with training, then this is totally useless to them and they will abandon our training resource like rats on a sinking ship.

#7 2008-06-09 15:18:17

**_jcooper9099_**

I have created an API module that lets you do something very similar. I can update the status of an item within a curriculum, and a certfiicate # is issued. There is no need for the user to log in.

#8 2008-12-04 10:01:57

**_Crozzer_**

Hi

I have no idea what an API is but would it be possible to either have a copy or purchase a copy as this problem is causing us serious problems.

#9 2008-12-04 10:42:36

**_jcooper9099_**

An API is an Application Programming Interface. It's a series of commands that the Adobe server will accept via a post or get method, or directly through your address bar. I programmed my module using C#.

#10 2008-12-05 11:04:03

**_jameslloyd_**

I'm busy working on our Moodle replacement for Adobe Connect Training, but I guess I'm a bit surprised to see this is an issue.  I do now see in the Reports that were recently released more regular updates by the curriculum engine.  Not very frequent (once a day it seems) but still, that's better than never for learners who are not active.

jcooper - can your API commands be issued remotely to an Adobe-hosted account, or does you need console access to the server?

#11 2008-12-08 11:50:42

**_jcooper9099_**

yes they are issued remotley to a hosted account.

#12 2009-02-25 12:40:27

**_jcooper9099_**

Hey guys,

What if I told you I made this possible?

Board footer