Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-19 14:57:26

**_CCWWW_**

Using a Lav mike

I use a lavalier microphone with most of my Adobe Connect meetings.  I have students in the room, and distance students wearing  USB headsets/microphones.  I use to be able to have the mike locked on when I was talking, and even when the distance students spoke.  Nothing in my audio set up has change.  But, now the distance students are getting feedback unless I unlock my mike when one of them talks.  The odd thing is that it can work fine locked for a period of time, then the feedback starts. 

My question is does anyone have any settings for me to try, or suggest a noise gate that wouldn't clip words?  The students think raising their hand takes away from the spontaneity of the discussion.

Thanks in advance.

#2 2009-02-19 15:35:56

**_gajett_**

Re: Using a Lav mike

the default action for enhanced audio is now 'disabled'.  you may find that your feedback issues diminish by turning enhanced audio back on.  some have said that EA is a resource hog, but I have never witnessed that. 

Greg

Enhanced Audio is found in the Audio setup wizard, step 5 of 5, click on Advanced Settings...

#3 2009-02-19 15:36:33

alistairlee

Hey CCWWW,

When you click the arrow beside the talk button, there are 3 options in addition to the volume settings:
- Voice Off
- Voice On - Multiple Speakers
- Voice On - Single Speaker

Is it possible you have this set to Voice On - Single Speaker?

#4 2009-02-20 12:49:10

**_CCWWW_**

I have enhanced audio checked, and multiple speakers checked also.

Board footer