Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-18 10:47:29

**_captkeating_**

Using the music and video player to play content...

Dear community,

I am a webinar facilitator for my company and I am trying to find creative new ways to introduce new ideas and make the webinars we host more interactive and fun.  To that end, I have recently downloaded the music and video players that play in Connect Pro.

However, I'm unclear how to get content to play on these players.  It looks like I have to edit xml files for each where I point the player towards the files, which have been uploaded to the server.

This is where I get fuzzy, as I am not an administrator for the Connect Pro account and so I can't directly upload content to the back end of the Connect Pro server.

Here's my question: So that I don't have to bother the knowledge managers every time I want to test an mp3 or video, is there a way that I can upload the multimedia file to the Connect Pro meeting room directly and then tell the music or video player to access the file through the content uploaded to the room?  This trick worked when I was trying to figure out how to customize the room background by first uploading the image to the meeting room and then using it to change the background.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sincerely,

Brian

#2 2009-02-18 13:25:11

**_dyun_**

Re: Using the music and video player to play content...

Hi Brian,

If you keep the files zipped up in the same directory structure when you downloaded it, you can upload this zip file to the meeting directly.  So from a Share pod, you would upload the entire ZIP file.  The server will be able to unzip and recognize the content and the MP3/Video player should appear.

See this forum post for details on how to modify the MP3s and how to load it into a meeting:
http://www.connectusers.com/forums/cucb … hp?id=1476

Best,
David

#3 2009-02-18 16:03:22

**_captkeating_**

Thanks for your reply David!

#4 2009-02-19 15:38:26

alistairlee

I've updated the version on the Adobe Exchange to include some documentation.

You can now find the instructions for using the MP3 player here:
http://www.connectusers.com/x/MP3PlayerDocs.pdf

Board footer