Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-12 10:25:19

**_memarsh_**

Windows Vista and Aero

We are trying to do online training sessions for employees on some of the new functionality of Vista.  However, every time we do the share screen option, it disables Windows Aero.  Is there anyway to show this functionality thru the Adobe Connect screen share?
Thanks,
Melissa

#2 2009-02-12 10:34:58

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Windows Vista and Aero

My understanding is that Connect disables Aero by design.  I do not know the reasoning though, or if there is a way to over ride this.

-Chris

#3 2009-02-13 17:19:45

**_dyun_**

Hi There,

I just checked with the team and this is by design.  Aero does not provide handles to enable screensharing.  There are actually a whole class of apps that exhibit the same behavior.  For example any SWING or SWT based Java App exhibits the same behavior.  Hopefully Microsoft will address this in Windows 7 so that we can support Aero screensharing in the future.

I'm not positive if this is the the issue that Connect Pro is running into but here is a post with more technical details on the problems other apps have with Aero: http://blogs.msdn.com/kamvedbrat/archiv … 66788.aspx

Best,
David

#4 2009-02-19 12:16:49

**_tlogan_**

Not that you asked for a work around for providing training on Vista Aero but consider using Adobe Captivate to provide a simulation of Vista Aero.  Also you could record a video clip (flv) and show that within the meeting room.  Using Adobe Captivate may be the better alternative as it gives you more control and customization in creating the training simulation experience.  You can get a free trial of Adobe Captivate of the Adobe website.

Board footer