Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-12 23:49:03

**_acothron_**

Embed .swf in powerpoint running in Connect Pro

Ladies and Gentlemen!

I have been searching and reading for the better part of 1 week, and have still yet to find a solution.  My company has some presentations built in PowerPoint.  Each is different per the account representative.  Recently, they decided they wanted to do some webinars.  I figured an Adobe product would be as good as any.  However, I cannot for the life of me get the swf flash files to play once the presentation is running.  Either a 'player' box displays, a white box, or nothing.  I even managed to get a still shot on the video to display earlier today, but I cannot re-create that solution. 

Here's what I have:
Presentation built in PowerPoint 2003 or 2007
Presenter 7.0
ConnectPro

I also tried to publish the .ppt to ConnectPro, but the text looks extemely bad in the conversion process. 

Here's my goal:
Upload the powerpoint presentation and have the embeded SWF flash files play on their respective slides. I've made sure the FLVs are in correct format.  I just can't seem to link them correctly to play when the powerpoint runs.

HELP!

#2 2009-02-13 04:10:02

**_daskn_**

Re: Embed .swf in powerpoint running in Connect Pro

Hi there ...
... which version of Flash/Actionscript did you use?
And did you import the SWF with Presenter or with Powerpoint?

greets
roland

#3 2009-02-13 06:28:11

**_acothron_**

Oh sorry...  Using Flash CS3, however, no Actionscripts really, but when the document was created, it was with 2.0

The SWF import was done by using the 'Presenter' tab when in Powerpoint.

#4 2009-02-13 07:16:32

**_acothron_**

The hierarchy on ConnectPro looks like this:

Shared Folder
- powerpoint.pptx
- movie.flv
- movie.swf

When creating the SWF, it is referencing the FLV when on my machine.  I didn't embed it in the timeline.  I've tried both ways however, and neither seems to work once its loaded on ConnectPro.

#5 2009-02-13 15:11:46

alistairlee

Just curious about how you're embedding the flash and flv files into the presentation.
Are you using the buttons in Presenter? 

Uploading the three files to the same folder in the Connect Pro content library won't be enough.  They may not be in the same physical folder on the file system on the server.

I'd recommend using the Publish function from Presenter to publish locally.  Click the option to create a ZIP file.  You can then upload the ZIP file to the Connect Pro content library and everything should be together.

#6 2009-02-13 15:29:45

**_acothron_**

I'll try that.  I had tried to upload a ZIP file that I created, but it told me the file was invalid when I tried to upload it. 

If this doesn't work, I will give a more in-depth answer as to how I've done things and what I've tried.
Thanks so much for your help.  I've literally spent a good 20 hours trying to solve this.

Thanks!

#7 2009-02-13 15:35:26

alistairlee

ZIP files can be uploaded to Connect Pro, but they need to contain a file named:
- index.html (or)
- index.swf

Connect will reject any ZIP that doesn't contain one of these index files.  When you publish from Presenter, it includes an index.html file that Connect can consume.

#8 2009-02-13 15:49:52

**_acothron_**

I'll certainly try this over the weekend.  I would now, but I have a tight deadline.  Thanks again for your help, I'll let you know what happens!

Board footer